Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

pond life

AnonyMouse_19920

some of our children have been pond dipping with their mums as part of an activity set up by our local church -they are now really into looking for / trying to catch things from ponds ( not sure they actually caught anything first time lol) = does anyone know where i can buy some cheap pond life toput in our water tray please? things like frogs,etc., x :rolleyes:

living or plastic?

Some time ago, my son had a pond in his back garden which he was going to fill in. I took a bucket of pond water to pre-school, and was amazed at how much life turned up in it. We emptied the water into a large light coloured catering tray so everything could be seen so much better, but there were not frogs. Frogs or is it toads? only go into water to mate I think, most of the time they are on land, so I don't think you would get any frogs.

As for plastic variety - I go to a large Tesco, which have packs of coloured frogs (bit like South American tree frogs) as party bag fillers, they are popular with the children when we get all the bugs out for them to play with inside and have "bugland".

Edited by Panders