Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Impetigo

AnonyMouse_1469

I have a child who comes to us for breakfast and after school club. He was diagnosed with Impetigo about 4 weeks ago, and was prescribed antibiotics for it. It started to clear up, then came back and it was worse. he was presribed stronger antibiotics, but mum has just messaged me to say he now has more patches of it on his neck and arms, and should she keep him away from us and shool. I said yes, she should and she needs to go back to the doctor today if possible to try to get this sorted. Do I need to do anything else................tell parents we've had a case etc?

Very sad little one must be quite uncomfortable. Think you probably should put out some kind of note to the effect that there has been a case - how long has this little one been away from the group already? How much of a possibility is there that he might have been able to infect the others? What a shame it came back again, but suppose that's the nature of the infection. Hope he gets sorted soon.

Edited by Panders

Our school sent a letter out today to inform parents a child had been diagnosed with impetigo and what the signs were. Interestingly quite a few of our parents didn't know the signs/symptoms.

I don't suppose they do, it seems to me that it was something quite commonish when I was a child in the 60's, the treatment was to have some grotty purple stuff painted on called purple gentian i think, you can imagine how inconspicuous that was!

But so many of those sorts of infections seemed to disappear, it's little wonder people hardly ever see it nowadays. Usually under the nose, around the mouth.