Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Operational Plan

Hi all,

Ofsted doing rounds in our area at mo and am not happy with my operational plan.

I think I have all the correct contact

eg - info on day to day runnings

Staff info

Staff/student checks

documentation

leagal paperwork

etc

I was told it has to be an evaluative document.

Not understanding what it means. Obviously know what evaluative means but how can it be.

Sorry if that sounds thick

Net x

We have recently been given a massive file with dividers etc from our EYDCP. They want it to be our Operational Plan (as if we didn't have one before!) and they feel it should include our self evaluation. Just looked and its called an Information Portfolio! Headings include Nursery Education Funding, Policies & Procedures Guidance (lots of blurb in this bit including detailed guidelines on policy making, & requirements of Nat. Daycare standards), Quality/Development, Training & lastly Record of Support & Guidance (that's their visits to me to ensure we have QTS input). Its going to be a big file isn't it?! My operational plan is already huge. Hope Mrs Ofsted likes reading.........

Hmmmmm, Operational Plan - is that when the surgeon removed my sense of humour?? Oh not THAT type of operation !!!

My Operational Plan is:

Start the day with weetabix

arrive at preschool

say hello to all the staff ( so must have details of their names somewhere)

Children arrive with parents

Parents pay me ( sometimes)

Children play and learn with friends and adults

We all have lunch

Parents collect children, children say goodbye. ( except the ones who don't want to leave)

well that accounts for 35 hours of a 5 day week.

I sleep for 25 hrs over 5 days

On the forum for 10 hrs over 5 days ( is that about right Steve or underestimated?)

which leaves 50 hours a week spent writing lots and lots and lots and lots of information that no-one else has the time or inclination to read

Peggy

p.s. I only got 4 hrs sleep last night, up until 2 am doing kitemark quality assurance work, but hey I can add this info to my operational plan - yippee :D

Peggy

Well thank you all.

My operational plan contains all the things you said but have no self evaluation plan.

What is a self evaluation plan. Is it how we feel we are running cos if it is, isn't that what your ofsted self assessment plan is for.

Getting really confused.

Interesting that you have a section for their visits. Been in my position as leader for 4yrs and in that time I have had 3 visits from early yrs and 2 reports. One of the reports is only 3 lines.

Net x

Peggy

We read all your information so please keep writing it even if its only for us!!

Across the country, nay world, there are forests full of paper contained in each and every Operational Plan to render it too heavy to lift without a risk assessment (now you've got me at it).

You just sound overwrought no doubt due to your late night, have some more chocolate! But keep wriiting!

Only today, I had cause to thank you. I used your 'I have 10 fingers' attention getter you posted in a recent topic. It has quickly become a favourite with the children who always ask for it again and again! They love it.

:D

Deb

Peggy

We read all your information so please keep writing it even if its only for us!!

Across the country, nay world, there are forests full of paper contained in each and every Operational Plan to render it too heavy to lift without a risk assessment (now you've got me at it).

You just sound overwrought no doubt due to your late night, have some more chocolate!  But keep wriiting!

Only today, I had cause to thank you.  I used your 'I have 10 fingers' attention getter you posted in a recent topic.  It has quickly become a favourite with the children who always ask for it again and again!  They love it.

:D

43391[/snapback]

Gee thanks Deb,

I'm not overwrought (a little tired) . Actually I was trying to be sarcastically cynical in a fun sort of way. :oxD:D I'll just stick to knock, knock jokes in the future :D. Your sentiments are appreciated though. :D I would love to have enough hours in the day to spend more time on the forum though. I don't even think we all do all this writing and worrying and extra work because of Ofsted, it's because we are professionals and may I also add perfectionists, and there is a bit of us all wanting to be proud to say " Yes, I've got that covered", don't we?? :D:(

Glad you and the children are enjoying the song. :)

Peggy

p.s. the 50 hrs of writing that no one has time to read doesn't include the time I spend on here. I'm pleased my input is useful and read but to be honest even if it wasn't read by anyone I would still write it because I always read my own posts and think to myself" Wow, that was good peggy" ( not that I'm vain or anything xD ) only joking, was that a joke?, was it funny? no, I definately need to have a word with that surgeon about my operational, maybe he has a plan. :(:(

Do I get a prize ( world record) for writing the longest sentences? :wacko:

No you don't Peggy; that would be me because I can measure the individual sentence lengths of every contributer to this forum and it easily shows me to be the longest sentence writer of all, even if you take into account your pretty impressive setences which I've always admired - and speaking of which the quality isn't anything to sneeze at - so please don't try to usurp my position which I reckon is pretty unassailable but, just in case you feel like doing so, let me change the subject entirely by pointing out that I seem to be approaching my 2000th post and thereby to be catching up with the likes of Susan, Sue R, Hali and all the other people who have been overtaking me over recent weeks.

Aren't I?b :o

hello everyone,

sorry not been around lately as busy with OFSTED.....

check out this sorry brain frazzled so can't link it :oxD www.devon.gov.uk/index/learning/_early_years_and_childcare/zero14plus/docbank/creating_your_plan.htm

mmm what a mouthful but good advice net...

kizzy :(

Fab, really informative site.

It is so nice to see that some county council sites are there to help and supply advice.

If anyone would like to see how not to do it, check out our bedfordshire.gov.uk.

Nothing.

Net x

hi net,

bad day at the office? i know it gets you down to look at informative sites, but remember.... the information you gain is at it's best in your brain!!!!

love kizzy :oxD:D

hi net,

bad day at the office? i know it gets you down to look at informative sites, but remember.... the information you gain is at it's best in your brain!!!! 

love kizzy      :o  xD  :D

43622[/snapback]

Nice one Kizzy, That could be your signature :D

peggy

• 3 months later...

:o

Hmmmmm, Operational Plan - is that when the surgeon removed my sense of humour??  Oh not THAT type of operation !!!

My Operational Plan is:

Start the day with weetabix

arrive at preschool

say hello to all the staff ( so must have details of their names somewhere)

Children arrive with parents

Parents pay me ( sometimes)

We all have lunch

Parents collect children, children say goodbye. ( except the ones who don't want to leave)

well that accounts for 35 hours of a 5 day week.

I sleep for  25 hrs over 5 days

On the forum for 10 hrs over 5 days ( is that about right Steve or underestimated?)

which leaves 50 hours a week spent writing lots and lots and lots and lots of information that no-one else has the time or inclination to read

Peggy

43360[/snapback]

I was reading these messages about operational plans and was trying to work out what the hell they were! I've only been teaching for 30 years! Then I read your message and was so glad that someone else has the same kind of week as me. My operational plan is to get to the end of the year without killing someone (most likely candidate is currently the head!)

Thanks for cheering me up!

I was reading these messages about operational plans and was trying to work out what the hell they were! I've only been teaching for 30 years! Then I read your message and was so glad that someone else has the same kind of week as me. My operational plan is to get to the end of the year without killing someone (most likely candidate is currently the head!)

Thanks for cheering me up!

51593[/snapback]

I expect your head has the schools operational plan :oxD

Love your Avatar, just how I feel on a Friday night. :(

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)