Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Report writing - looking for the right words!

I have reports to write this weekend; I have started the first one but am procrastinating because I just can't think how to phrase one of my comments!

I have a very bright little boy whose language is excellent and is on the A&T register for mathematics. During C.I. play he shows excellent concentration and is fully involved in his chosen activity. BUT when I work with him either 1:1 or in small group he loses concentration and appears disinterested. He has lots to say about things that interest him and will always make links to his experiences whenever he can; he is constantly interupting when he has something to say when in a group or will interupt when an adult is talking to another adult or child. If he is met with an 'obstacle' e.g. using scissors or retelling a story he gives up easily. He is a very confident and likeable little boy.

I would welcome any comments about how to phrase this positively!

EDIT:

Think I have it sorted!

'... sometimes finds it difficult to concentrate during adult-led/directed tasks and now needs to keep on trying when something is challenging.'

I want to say 'he is very confident in his comfort zone and now needs to ...' but not sure about the 'comfort zone' bit!

Edited by Guest

Thank you both!

I would say 'we will now encourage' rather than 'he needs to be encouraged' - I like to make things sound like they are our 'problem' ;) :1b

Yes sunnyday - you are right - thanks for that!

he shows excellent concentration in self-chosen activities and we will now support him to develop his focus/interest in adult-led activities too ....

he is happy and confident to contribute to discussions, having an excellent vocabulary, but he tends to interrupt others when they are speaking. we are encouraging him to take turns when conversing.

when he finds something hard he has a tendency to give up, so we are supporting him to 'develop his confidence to 'rise to the challenge'.

bit late, so makes sense to me but may not to anyone else ....!!!

Edited by sooty99

he shows excellent concentration in self-chosen activities and we will now support him to develop his focus/interest in adult-led activities too ....

he is happy and confident to contribute to discussions, having an excellent vocabulary, but he tends to interrupt others when they are speaking. we are encouraging him to take turns when conversing.

when he finds something hard he has a tendency to give up, so we are supporting him to 'develop his confidence to 'rise to the challenge'.

bit late, so makes sense to me but may not to anyone else ....!!!

Wow! That's brilliant, sooty - glad I haven't printed it yet.

Thank you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)