Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Hand-eye Coordination

Hi there,

We have had a pair of wooden tongs which the children have enjoyed using to pick up small items out of sand tray, water tray e.t.c, but they have finally broken. I can only find the chunky ended food server tongs when I have looked. Has anyone any ideas where you can find suitable ones or has anyone any ideas of similar activities?

Thanks

Lynda

Thanks,

I dont have a Chinese supermarket near me but I do get to Ikea now and then so I shall put them on my shopping list. I looked on-line and they look ideal Debs.

Lynda

I have found 'rookie sticks', training chopsticks, in our local kitchen shop, they work really well. so it may be worth keeping an eye open in any kitchen/department store.

plastic medicine droppers and basters( if you're brave spray bottles) use the same muscles and are fun in the water tray,

I buygames like operation and bed bugs from charity shops. and adapt the rules depending on the ability of the players.

I am sure there have been some more good ideas recently.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)