Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Wooden blocks and boys

Hi all,

There are some boys (some with eal) that are always playing with the wooden building blocks or duplI etc. they make some fascinating structures saying they are making a castle or a house etc. apart from providing cardboard boxes for junk modelling and non fiction books on buildings, what else could we do to extend this Interest of theirs?

Ok...............hi-viz jackets/construction hats/clipboards

big fat fir cones/shells/wool ( real wool, get it from hedges etc, wash it and hand it over)

cars/trucks/lorries/cranes/dumper trucks/flatbed lorries

large stones/pebbles/gravel/buiders tray/moss/grass/animals/dinosaurs/sea creatures

really, the possibilities are endless and I hope your girls get as much fun from this as the boys

• Like 2

Sorry, they are preschiolers.

Ok, I had thought of adding challenge cards so glad I was thinking along the right lines.

Unfortunately this area ( blocks, Lego,duplo) is very much a boy dominated area. What could we do to attract girls? They tend to visit the home corner area the most and mark making table

Sorry, they are preschiolers.

Ok, I had thought of adding challenge cards so glad I was thinking along the right lines.

Unfortunately this area ( blocks, Lego,duplo) is very much a boy dominated area. What could we do to attract girls? They tend to visit the home corner area the most and mark making table

add sparkly jewels/fairies and princesses for their castles and pink lego........very stereotypical but works every time!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)