Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Builders Trays/tough Spots

Builders Trays/Tough Spots

OUTDOOR PLAY. In a nursery setting, we use builders trays/tough spots on table tops, on wooden bricks, on playmats etc. for small world and construction play. Does anyone know of a supplier who produces a metal frame or stand for a builders tray (similar to those used for sand and water trays) so that tables can be freed up for other activities and the tray can be raised off the ground in damp weather? I've looked in several catalogues - but no luck so far. Thank you.

I would buy another table - that way when you want the tuff spot on the floor you have a useful table rather than a useless stand!! :D

Builders Trays/Tough Spots

OUTDOOR PLAY. In a nursery setting, we use builders trays/tough spots on table tops, on wooden bricks, on playmats etc. for small world and construction play. Does anyone know of a supplier who produces a metal frame or stand for a builders tray (similar to those used for sand and water trays) so that tables can be freed up for other activities and the tray can be raised off the ground in damp weather? I've looked in several catalogues - but no luck so far. Thank you.

45298[/snapback]

Not sure how big your tray is but HOPe do tray stands (bit expensive)

Stand for Sand and Water Activity Trays

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Number: LW079/204 Size: W62 x D56 x H57.5cm each

Description: Use with the coloured or clear trays. Foldaway style for space saving, this epoxy coated steel frame comes with two castors and two lockable sidebars for support.

Found on Page: 229

http://www.hope-education.co.uk/webapp/wcs...ays&stIndex=136

Edited by MARl0N

I agree with APSK, it seems to me that the stands are outrageously expensive and I am not too sure whether or not one would fit the tuff spot.

Mine fits perfectly on two trapezoidal tables (scuse spelling my head is spinninig at the moment with study - come to think of it not even too sure if it the right term anyway - me and my maths???? Must get better) - means that all children can have access around it too.

I have to say the tuff spot is one of the best inventions ever - simple, cheap, practical, versatile - best £12 I ever spent - and I love it and use it all the time for anything and everything. You can do a display in it, children can play with water, sand, snow, ice in it. They can create scenes of their own - fantastic - but why oh why do the inserts costs so MUCH MONEY - flaming ridiculous - a piece of plastic with a picture on £25 - they are having a laugh - we will be making our own in future, probably best anyway.

Nikki

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)