Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Trolleys For Tables

We are a Pre-School based in a village hall.

We have to set up every day, which means getting tables out of cupboard.

Does anyone have, or know where you can buy suitable trolleys to put them on to save a bit of carrying morning and night.

I know they have such things in school, but they are quite big. I really need a smaller size to suit our tables.

Thanks in advance

Glen

The ones schools have are very expensive. The only thing I can suggest is a handy person to make one. B&Q sell the caster wheels which are quite heavy duty, just attach to a strong board the same size as the tables, use strong rope as a pulley, leather belts or octopus hooks to secure. ( octopus hooks, I think that is what they are called can be dangerous though, they are elastic and can ping into the face)

Good luck.

Peggy

We use shared premises (church hall) too and I am sick of lugging furniture, equipment etc. Its been 10 years now!!!

Just an idea - have you got a handy Andy amongst your parents?

You can buy big trolley type wheels in the DIY store and someone might be able to cut some marine ply or wood or whatever (handy I am not) to the right size and shape. I remember the ones at school were actually metal frames with the wheels underneath and then there was a little trough bit which held the bottom of the table legs snuggly so they couldn't slip.

The church just bought some Gopak table trolleys which were delivered last week. No one's assembled them yet tho so I can't comment on whether they would fit the bill, but I do know they weren't cheap.

Good luck!

I highly recommend the gopack tables - it's the only sort we have in pre-school.

They seemingly withstand anything, they are folding tables but are put up and taken down with ease. I am surprised that they just don't seem to wear at all :D !

We put them and up and take them down with great regularity, up when needed and extra space to play when they are not!

I admit they are pricey but I think they are worth every penny. Some of the ones we have are 15 years old, they have been painted, glittered, glued, yogurted on you name it and it has been done and yet they still look great!

Edited by Geraldine

we recently bought gopack.....if you do- buy direct - it was a lot cheaper than the same ones in any resource catalogue, you can specify height colour and size and they are made for you, discounts for larger orders and if it is wrong (they sent one the wrong height to us!!) the service and exchange of the legs were completed in a week.

They are easy to clean,light, sturdy and easy to move as geraldine says and the round ones easier still just roll them around ....staff are very happy no more lifting.

If you buy the rectangle ones we highly recommend also buying the tool to collapse the legs , makes it much easier. The round ones have a differnt mechanism for folding the legs.

Inge

I think Gopack is the way to go.

Can you tell me please, do the children tend to slide and move them around as they are lighter than normal tables.

This could be a problem on wooden village hall floor.

The idea of not carrying tables around morning and night is becoming very appealing.

I must be getting old!!

Thanks

Glen

No the tables do not slide or move at all , I think they have rubber feet on them, cannot remember unless I look!! We have very old floor tiles on the hall floor and other items can slip occasionally, but they have proved very stable.

I also thought they may tip when they leant on them , particularly the round ones but they dont.

just took a lot of fundraising to get them !! but well worth the effort, no more lifting heavy tables is a real treat.

Inge

Thanks for all your replies.

I will look at trolleys in SBS.

I have worked at Pre-School for 12 years and have always accepted the lifting and carrying.

Now that we are all far more risk aware, I think we have to look at what we do and if it is acceptable.

I am sure we are all the same, struggling to store everything, lifting tables and manuervoring through doors, etc.

Apart from that think of all the time we would save. We have 16 tables to get out of the cupboard before we start anything, and it is only possible to lift one at a time.

I will be able to have a lie in in the morning (ha ha I wish).

Going to a committee meeting tomorrow evening, armed with details of

gopack tables.

Glen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)