Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Website

I have just had an e-mail from Internetkit to say they have ceased trading. They are offering a discount with another company but I want to shop around. I paid about £100 in August but this is non refundable- very annoying even more annoying that I have lost everything that I have put on there. Never mind I can download all again , just going to take a bit of time.Does anyone know of a reasonable one. Thanks

I use weebly, I'm no expert on the internet (far from it!) but it was so easy to use and so easy to design the pre-school website. It's free too although we upgraded to 'weeblypro' which I think is £30 something per year and that's so I could add password protected pages for putting photo's of the children on as I do a daily blog :)

I have just had an e-mail from Internetkit to say they have ceased trading. They are offering a discount with another company but I want to shop around. I paid about £100 in August but this is non refundable- very annoying even more annoying that I have lost everything that I have put on there. Never mind I can download all again , just going to take a bit of time.Does anyone know of a reasonable one. Thanks

I too have had the email from ik.org....not sure that I believe all that old rubbish about all their IT problems,,,and am very cross

Yes I am cross too especially as mine has been "unavailable" for months after I renewed subscription in August. This was originally a free site but then they decided to charge so often thought maybe I had better shop around but now I have to. I suppose things happen for the best sometimes. Just annoyed with them and myself for not changing earlier. Now I need to sort something out this weekend when I am very busy. I don't think that it's actually an ofsted requirement that we have to have a website though as they state in their e-mail .

Yes I am cross too especially as mine has been "unavailable" for months after I renewed subscription in August. This was originally a free site but then they decided to charge so often thought maybe I had better shop around but now I have to. I suppose things happen for the best sometimes. Just annoyed with them and myself for not changing earlier. Now I need to sort something out this weekend when I am very busy. I don't think that it's actually an ofsted requirement that we have to have a website though as they state in their e-mail .

unless you are a school there is no requirement for a website . we have only just launched ours and it has never been questioned. It is a useful tool but not obligatory

• Like 1

I have never personally used Weebly or Wix but they are the best free options. You can't really go wrong with those i guess if you want a simple to set-up website with the option to upgrade like mentioned above.

However, if you want something more unique ,custom, personal or modern, ie HTML5 is now so good then there are thousands of Wordpress templates available, and they are so simple to use and can look pretty good.

I am in the process of updating our website at this time.. it is 80% done and these can be hosted for around £2 per month from many web hosting company's. The process of getting them online is not as easy as with Weebly or Wix though but you have more freedom with creation etc..

if you want to take a look out of interest the website is: HERE

• Like 1

Just reading this and thought I would go an look at our website. Saw the Daily routine was wrong so decided to change it - completely screwed it up and ended up with these  all over it........

Go to the help section and find out our web hosting people/service no longer support our website so might need to take note of your suggestions and start all over again.

I am hoping somebody on my committee has more nous than me and can tell me how to fix it!!

wix are HTML5 'hosts' so you can do lots of templates/videos etc plus you can send shoutouts to those who are signed up , you can have an online store and contacts are easy. My daughter did the initial set up but I manage it and upload new info etc (really easy....would have to be with me!) I am still learning but quite enjoying having a play....if I get something wrong I just don't save it and it reverts to what was there before!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there I use 1&1 which is about £35 per quarter, really easy to use. I don't know how to put my OFSTED grade with official mark and the official mark for being a member of FSF, any pointers would be much appreciated :unsure:

Hi there Polly.

£140 per year for hosting your website? You could get that much cheaper, depending on the website's requirements of course. i am presuming it is a basic website?

With regards to adding your Ofsted grade, do you mean a link to it? Or the Ofsted logo inc grade.. i am unsure exactly what you mean. if it is just images i guess it would be simple enough.

Hi there Polly.

£140 per year for hosting your website? You could get that much cheaper, depending on the website's requirements of course. i am presuming it is a basic website?

With regards to adding your Ofsted grade, do you mean a link to it? Or the Ofsted logo inc grade.. i am unsure exactly what you mean. if it is just images i guess it would be simple enough.

It is quite basic but it's been running for a few years now so I'm not inclined to change it mainly just because I simply don't have time along with everything else on my to do list :wacko:

On your website at the bottom you have a picture with ofsted rated good, I just wondered did you just copy and paste it? Sorry I'm not very good with all of that sort of thing

Yes if you right click the image - you can save it to your computer.. or search google "ofsted rating logo" and use images.. there should be a few to choose from.

I did slightly edit the one on my website and saved as a .png to get the transparency.. i.e. the rounded edge.

I also needed to edit the background image of the template to include the logo, but that's just Wordpress limitations and me not being much good at coding html, or css :P

So yes you should be able to include images no problem.