Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Half-term

AnonyMouse_23964

I have soooo much paperwork to catch up on from last few weeks of staffing issues, so much it's one of those 'where do I start'...so instead of doing anything other than spending hours on an EHCP I ordered a skip and filled it ...think there will be a lot of of where's this, where's that next week :-/

Back to Wednesday and probably the TDL...at least it's only a few weeks till Easter :-)

• Like 2

I know. I had a reduced sort of TDL but unfortunately we had a health issue with elderly relative over the weekend which has resulted in having a guest all week - who CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING! They are getting really frustrated and hate being a burden. Luckily they have iPad and Facebook to be able to keep in touch with extended family. Everything health wise is fine now just waiting for ears to be sorted and they will feel safe enough to go home. It's our first experience of this kind of 'care' and quite eye opening of how vulnerable we get as we get older. Sorry, bit deep for first thing in the morning. Good news, they are fine!!

• Like 1

Well I'll be honest - I'm beginning to regret my 'preschool strike' as it's turning out very expensive.

So far a have purchased a shiny new laptop (although now waiting impatiently for it to be delivered)

About to order a nice new sewing machine- may have spent perhaps a little too much on that one- so my finger is still hovering over the final click button :rolleyes:

And the heating has just packed up- so may spend the whole day under a duvet watching TV (well I shall go shopping first and buy lots of nice treat first :lol: )

Happy Wednesday everybody.

• Like 3

My sewing machine has forgotten how to do zig zag. Of course now that it can't any more, that's what I want it to do most! Well, it is over 40 I suppose. Mind you, the old early electric singer that I gave away when I inherited this one probably can still do zig zag!

I cant change my stich length on mine I want to do small zigzagging around felt ::1a . I do have a back-up Lidle maching which I have to say is really good value machine at about £70... however I do have to confess I'm a bit of a sewing machine snob and find it a bit to noisy :lol:

• Like 1

I know. I had a reduced sort of TDL but unfortunately we had a health issue with elderly relative over the weekend which has resulted in having a guest all week - who CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING! They are getting really frustrated and hate being a burden. Luckily they have iPad and Facebook to be able to keep in touch with extended family. Everything health wise is fine now just waiting for ears to be sorted and they will feel safe enough to go home. It's our first experience of this kind of 'care' and quite eye opening of how vulnerable we get as we get older. Sorry, bit deep for first thing in the morning. Good news, they are fine!!

Bless you - it's tough isn't it - but glad to hear that your elderly relative is on the mend :1b

• Like 1

I haven't had my machine out for a while. Actually could get it out at the weekend and tick something off TDL. Had a box of 'bits' sitting in the corner, ready to make some writing belts for outdoor area.

Oh that's sounds really good - make a couple for me while you're at it please.......I don't do sewing - think I'm still scarred by the padded coat hanger that I had to make at school :wacko: ::1a

• Like 2

I'm having time at home too.

moved to electronic register so don't have to worry bout getting those printed! Sef well that can wait. Sorting out- pah!

Do need to do some maintenance but really can't be bothered.

Have lots of boxes at home that need sorting through so that's what I am doing during half term.

and catching up with you lovely peps. Have had a bit of gruesome time (fill you in when it is over but is work related) and so gave not kept up with you all.

• Like 1

Well it's official - getting on with the old TDL is completely over-rated.......

Thought - right I will at least get the invoices done today.......started to print the first one - uh oh - a paper jam in the printer........some half an hour later - the printer has been in several bits (oh should have said I seem to have instructions in Spanish and German only :o ) my fingers are ink-stained and I had to employ some skilled work with tweezers.......think I have cleared it........but now have decided I need a cup of tea to get over the 'trauma' :lol:

• Like 2

Oh that's sounds really good - make a couple for me while you're at it please.......I don't do sewing - think I'm still scarred by the padded coat hanger that I had to make at school :wacko: ::1a

That made me giggle, I seemed to have spent more time being sent out to the corridor in sewing lessons than actually sewing. However, not as useless as my son's generation at sewing it would seem my DIL unable to mend, hem anything, they weren't taught to apparently! That's not a criticism by the way, just a general observation. I did mange to cobble together a nightdress in year 9, but never wore it :wacko: ::1a ::1a

• Like 3

Well am sat at computer, have completed the EYPP forms, have printed out new name labels, done my next steps and learning journeys and am trying to prepare myself to look at the SEF. But then I started looking at pinterest then I came on here and am now running out of excuses, and as I am barely able to sew a button on, let alone create any of the wonderful items that you clever people do, I really think the time has come!!....I'll be back! :blink:

• Like 2