Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Keeping Evidence

am having nightmares with evidence files or whatever you call them. Some schools seem to keep stacks all neatly stuck in scrap books beautifully annotated. Its driving me nuts!!! I have a box full of photos and bits of work but with no oder to it. any one got anything quick easy and useful they would like to share?

At the moment my evidence is very similar to yours!

But we are currently developing it into -

a file for each child divided into 6 areas of learning plus a section for observations, then we will include and annotated photographs, samples of work etc and observations.

We decided to have a seperate section for obs because an obs could cover more than one area of learning.

i would be interested in how other people do it!

hope this helps

I have two large ring binder files with a section for each child. In these I keep observations, samples of work and photos. I record evidence from these and group observations on a list of statements from the profile which has room for date, comment and next steps where appropriate. When I have enough evidence I use a highlighter pen on the statement, a different colour for each term. It is very time consuming and I am always trying to catch up. At a moderation meeting last summer, my sheet was taken to show people at another table. Group observations I keep at the front of the files.

Guest tinkerbell

I have A3 display books, they are large plastic books with 20 clear plastic pockets inside.We make two pages each Friday with the children as an activity we use the photos we have been taking during the week and the children choose which ones to stick on the A3paper and we slide them in back to back or eg Chinese New Year week had a 2 page spread!

At the end of the term half term the children take this book home for one night only! and a comment book for the parents goes home too.

The parents and children absolutely love it, the comments have all been very positive and it will be some of my evidence for Ofsted or whoever wants to see what the class does.

We also have the Foundation dividers that someone kindly put on the forum and we stick photos in the relevant sections.

We dont do individual childrens books, we do the e-profile.

Is this ok Tinkerbell?

At the moment my evidence is very similar to yours!

But we are currently developing it into -

a file for each child divided into 6 areas of learning plus a section for observations, then we will include and annotated photographs, samples of work etc and observations.

We decided to have a seperate section for obs because an obs could cover more than one area of learning.

i would be interested in how other people do it!

hope this helps

46793[/snapback]

I was moderated last year and told it wasnt necessary to have a file for each child or evidence for each child. Just 2 or 3 pieces of evidence for each statement to prove that my judgements were correct

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)