Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Leaving present ideas

AnonyMouse_26037

staff or setting?

We often had a gift to the setting , books, games something that could be used for many years .

For staff, it can depend on how many, situations and interests. It could a card made by the children , and something for the garden a potted plant, a plant pot with a display in it, indoor plant.

These days they may appreciate a folding shopping bag in a pouch that can be kept in a handbag or pocket for those days you forget to take one with you, I gave some to friends when I came back from holiday and they have all said that they use them everyday and how useful they are..

Well we are a private setting, but quite small so not much money floating about! When the children leave the parents generally gather together and pool their money and give us something for the setting, and they may get individual small things for key persons, but not necessarily.

in the past we have had one of those children's digital cameras, cd players, some lovely hard back books with pull outs and flaps etc. role play stuff, a Hudl.

• Like 1

we are very lucky with our parents and they are very generous. They also seem to come up with some lovely ideas! This year my favourite's were a tshirt printed with "I teach preschool...what's your super power!" and a bottle of wine with the childs photo on the front saying....our child may be the reason you drink so enjoy this bottle of wine from us! but probably the simplest idea was a gift bag with a small tin of pimms, a small bar of chocolate and a magazine in it! FAB!! My best gifts are always the ones with a bit of thought put in...we've had afternoon tea made for us and presented in a little basket and a large plant for preschool with a painted pot saying thanks you for making me grow! :wub: lots of lovely ideas on pinterest too ;)

• Like 1

One of my all time fave gifts is a canvas type bag with my name and pre-school then a word for each of the letters - don't want to reveal my name publicly but the 'words' for pre-school are

Positive

Reassuring

Enthusiastic

Supportive

Creative

Honest

Optimistic

Observant

Legendary!!!

As you know my real name ends with a 'y' - the word for that was Youthful - poor girl she had to dig deep for that one! :blink: :lol:

• Like 3

I love these creative pressies, this year one of my mums who is a photographer, got the leavers together and the children spelled out the name of our pre-school on the ground with their bodies - she took photos and had it all put together and framed, such a lovely idea, another wrote a lovely poem which she has had framed for us, but even having practiced lots of times reading it, when it came to the leavers ceremony - she was a goner!

• Like 2