Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

It's Friday!

AnonyMouse_19762

Such a relief when they accept help, isn’t it!   
Have a lovely time with the granddogs - ours has gone home again now, so we can relax.  She’s no bother really but she’s constantly underfoot and shadows me everywhere as if she’s not letting me out of her sight after her mum vanished! 🤣🤭

• Like 1

On 23/06/2023 at 09:39, Cait said:

Such a relief when they accept help, isn’t it!   
Have a lovely time with the granddogs - ours has gone home again now, so we can relax.  She’s no bother really but she’s constantly underfoot and shadows me everywhere as if she’s not letting me out of her sight after her mum vanished! 🤣🤭

It is such a relief - she has been so resistant - I feel so sorry for her it must be complete rubbish to have to accept help and I know that I have to tread very gently so I have just (semi) sorted the kitchen and downstairs loo today - will have another go sometime soon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also have the Grandpuppydog  for the day. My dog and her are so funny, they will spend an hour roaring around like complete lunatics then crash for an hour then start all over again! They are worst than toddlers though, what one has the other wants despite the huge amount of toys strewn over the garden!  It’s good fun though!  Hope everyone is ok, I feel like I haven’t contributed on here much recently. It’s that busy time of year when holiday changeovers are coming thick and fast.  Have a lovely weekend all. Xx

Edited by zigzag
  • Like 2

I love that all of you are enjoying dogs! I keep thinking about whether to get one myself. Usual manic week at school although I did have a visit from a friend I haven’t seen for 4 years and went out for dinner on a school night.

I have spent the whole of today in pjs, crocheting and eating crispy cake. Just starting to regret it as this weekend is one where the TDL is immense.

• Like 1

Cake looks lush, carrot cake has to be my favourite. 
Sunnyday, Elton was amazing, he did such a great job. Lewis capaldis set was very emotional. I think he did a brilliant job to keep going like he did but my god, my heart went out to him. The crowd were phenomenal and totally had his back which was heartwarming.  I hope he gets some rest and some help now.

• Like 1

I think Elton's set gave me one of those 'I won't forget this' moments - sitting comfortably with my sofa seat reclined, Mr S pretending to be engrossed in a film on his ipad (he had said earlier that he wasn't much interested) - he was watching/listening and enjoying 🤣 the sun was setting on a very hot day and the two granddogs were sharing a space (quietly) right next to me...the only thing that I just can't understand is - why did he not ask me to sing 'Don't Go Breaking my Heart' with him? 🤷‍♀️

All family know that 'Don't Let the Sun go Down' is my 'funeral song' - I want the Elton and George Michael version - however it is very long so it might have to be at the end for people to leave to...(I do like to plan ahead!)

Lewis Capaldi - I was in tears - incredible young man and the crowd were amazing - how must it feel to have 100,000 people singing your words when you just can't anymore ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

On 28/06/2023 at 19:18, Froglet said:

Really, really not just you!

oh thank god ! seriously !!! i have a child who's broken a bone in his foot....parent is insisting he comes to the forest with us on friday where we are going to jump of logs and climb trees! was surprised when i said no! others who turn up at the door with food in hand... can you feed him his breakfast ...he won't eat it for me! another....i can't understand why he's not toilet trained? maybe because he's looked after by 6 adults all of who think he's a precious little one and can do no wrong so don't ever tell him what to do! I am all for trying to say yes to the right things but sometimes you do NEED to say NO! IF blooming gentle parenting gets quoted to me once more this term....which if used correctly fine but not as an excuse to let your child get away with whatever they want! 

• Love 1

I am continually gobsmacked at the number of children who sit not engaging in a lesson and when I ask (and I do mean ask) why not they say ‘I don’t want to’. Cue me pointing out that they don’t actually have a choice. I had 4 in tears/stropping at me yesterday because they didn’t get to be sharks in the game we played in PE because no one other than me ever seems to say no to them.

Last week I had to cancel our trip as it was forecast torrential rain. The next morning child arrives at school (in said torrential rain) with no coat. Parents can’t understand why we don’t let them have umbrellas out at playtime. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 28/06/2023 at 19:53, Froglet said:

I am continually gobsmacked at the number of children who sit not engaging in a lesson and when I ask (and I do mean ask) why not they say ‘I don’t want to’. Cue me pointing out that they don’t actually have a choice. I had 4 in tears/stropping at me yesterday because they didn’t get to be sharks in the game we played in PE because no one other than me ever seems to say no to them.

Last week I had to cancel our trip as it was forecast torrential rain. The next morning child arrives at school (in said torrential rain) with no coat. Parents can’t understand why we don’t let them have umbrellas out at playtime. 

Yes i have at least 3 flat refusers in the gang...those children who asked to do something stare you down and shake their heads! 

• Sad 1

On 28/06/2023 at 18:49, finleysmaid said:

Ok ranty pants here ! is it just me or do the current cohorts parents feel like they need constant parenting support?

Nope it isn’t just you FM, it’s bloody ridiculous! Why do we have to tell parents that their child needs suncream on when it’s 27 degrees or constantly chasing them for things to be returned to name a couple ….it actually beggars belief how much hand holding so many of them need now 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I introduced a timer for children changing for PE just after Christmas because they were taking so long (25 minutes in one instance. 2 parents unhappy because their child didn’t like the timer instead of saying to the. “Well let’s practise changing so that you get quicker”. Last year we’d trialled having children come to school in kit on PE days but for various reasons decided to change back. When I said that at our parents meeting this time last year I had one concerned parent because their child still needed help from them. We’re talking about starting year 1 not even reception.

On 28/06/2023 at 19:41, finleysmaid said:

oh thank god ! seriously !!! i have a child who's broken a bone in his foot....parent is insisting he comes to the forest with us on friday where we are going to jump of logs and climb trees! was surprised when i said no! others who turn up at the door with food in hand... can you feed him his breakfast ...he won't eat it for me! another....i can't understand why he's not toilet trained? maybe because he's looked after by 6 adults all of who think he's a precious little one and can do no wrong so don't ever tell him what to do! I am all for trying to say yes to the right things but sometimes you do NEED to say NO! IF blooming gentle parenting gets quoted to me once more this term....which if used correctly fine but not as an excuse to let your child get away with whatever they want! 

On 28/06/2023 at 19:53, Froglet said:

On 28/06/2023 at 19:59, finleysmaid said:

Yes i have at least 3 flat refusers in the gang...those children who asked to do something stare you down and shake their heads! 

On 28/06/2023 at 20:03, Mouseketeer said:

Nope it isn’t just you FM, it’s bloody ridiculous! Why do we have to tell parents that their child needs suncream on when it’s 27 degrees or constantly chasing them for things to be returned to name a couple ….it actually beggars belief how much hand holding so many of them need now 🤷‍♀️

Blimey - all sounds like a flippin' nightmare to me

That's not any help at all - sorry - just sending some empathy

• Haha 2

On 28/06/2023 at 20:17, sunnyday said:

Blimey - all sounds like a flippin' nightmare to me

That's not any help at all - sorry - just sending some empathy

Empathy welcome (along with a slice of Cait’s cake please) 🤗 I am finding it harder and harder to stop what’s in the thought bubble coming out of my mouth these days 🫢

• Like 1
  • Haha 2