Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

It's Friday!

AnonyMouse_19762

First transition morning today. I got a mixed bag of responses from my new class…

- one of my current class groaned, huffed, puffed and sulked on hearing that he was going to be with me again next year.

- lovely message from parents of one child saying how pleased she  and they were that she was.

- one disappointed that their wasn’t with me but then said ‘he’s not naught though, he doesn’t need her. There are others who need her more! 😂

• Like 2

Good morning!  Yes, ‘it’s Friday again already 🤪

One of my Granddogs is arriving for the weekend in a few hours - I’ll need to cut the grass before she arrives as she’s a ‘scatter sh****r’, nugget here, nugget over there, maybe one down here………..  At least I can confine her to one area for that 🤭

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 07/07/2023 at 18:24, sunnyday said:

Noooooo - I am shocked and horrified - how did you deal with that - I would have been extremely cross

Really tricky as I don’t know for sure that they did. Another child reported it and at first I thought it had been said to them. I was still shocked and horrified but then that child said ‘no it was to you.’ No one is in any doubt that I’m not pleased!

• Like 1

I did a gorgeous walk yesterday and managed to collect some more sea glass along the way!

Main aim for tomorrow is to get my changeover done as quickly as possible and to get out and battle the weeds before the weather changes! It’s ridiculous just how fast they grow after a small drop of rain.

Froglet that’s awful.  How much longer do you have before you break up and can have a well deserved rest?

• Like 4

On 07/07/2023 at 20:19, zigzag said:

I did a gorgeous walk yesterday and managed to collect some more sea glass along the way!

Main aim for tomorrow is to get my changeover done as quickly as possible and to get out and battle the weeds before the weather changes! It’s ridiculous just how fast they grow after a small drop of rain.

Froglet that’s awful.  How much longer do you have before you break up and can have a well deserved rest?

12 days!

• Love 1

On 07/07/2023 at 20:30, louby loo said:

Froglet- I hope it wasn't from one that's staying in your class next year!  

Not that you're counting!!

Six more days for me (not that I'm counting either!

Afraid it was! And yep definitely counting this year. For various reasons that I can’t share it’s been tougher than usual. Aside from that transition days went well. Had nice chat with my sister and am meant to be going to the well dressing in my mum and dad’s village over the weekend (although I haven’t told them yet!)

• Like 1

On 07/07/2023 at 21:21, Froglet said:

Afraid it was! And yep definitely counting this year. For various reasons that I can’t share it’s been tougher than usual. Aside from that transition days went well. Had nice chat with my sister and am meant to be going to the well dressing in my mum and dad’s village over the weekend (although I haven’t told them yet!)

....off to google 'well dressing'...

• Like 1

On 08/07/2023 at 17:19, Cait said:

Well we’ve had a little of the wet stuff, but it didn’t penetrate the tree canopy at all, so everything is still really dry under there.  

Nothing here at all

Eldest son is in London for the weekend - he reported earlier that it was 'tipping down' up there - which I already knew as it was a case of 'rain stops play' at Wimbledon...

On 09/07/2023 at 10:10, sunnyday said:

We have rain (!) lots and lots of glorious rain - whoop!

Nope, none here 🙁  We get the odd 'big spot' for a few mins, then it blows over.

On 08/07/2023 at 22:38, Froglet said:

I didn’t get any photos of the actual well dressings which were lovely but I thought you might like to see the DIY version. My dad made the frame, filled with play dough decorated with leaves and flowers from granny’s garden. Kept my niece busy for ages.!

IMG_3168.jpeg

IMG_3169.jpeg

Ohww, I love this!  Might try something similar for my granddaugter - she heavily into 'perfum making' at the moment (haven't a clue where she got the idea from 😳) this might help move her on a bit.

• Like 2

On 09/07/2023 at 14:43, louby loo said:

Nope, none here 🙁  We get the odd 'big spot' for a few mins, then it blows over.

Ohww, I love this!  Might try something similar for my granddaugter - she heavily into 'perfum making' at the moment (haven't a clue where she got the idea from 😳) this might help move her on a bit.

Have you tried the one where you put flowers or leaves between two bits of plain fabric then bash it to make a print?

• Love 1

On 09/07/2023 at 15:10, Froglet said:

Have you tried the one where you put flowers or leaves between two bits of plain fabric then bash it to make a print?

On 09/07/2023 at 17:02, zigzag said:

That’s a fab activity, we used to do that at forest school. Be beautiful with all the coloured summer flowers.

Going to try that!

• Like 1

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

Hope everyone is okay?

I understand that we are in for a 'wet and wild' weekend - please can I get my washing dry today first 🤞

I have had an unusually busy week - all good, made a nice change to have to rush about a bit!

Loving the tennis - sad that it will soon be over...

Next week will bring more granddog sitting - expecting two to arrive on Wednesday - they will stay until Friday morning and will then be replaced by eldest son's sprocker on Friday afternoon she will be with us for a fortnight - whoop!

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1

I’ve been feeling rubbish most of the week having been glutened on Monday.   I’ve not got a lot to show for myself this week apart from losing half a stone that I didn’t intend.   Hopefully it’ll sort over the weekend and I can get on with stuff I’m meant to be doing - if it’s hoying it down, that won’t be dead-heading!   I’ll be jamming I expect with the gooseberries and redcurrants currently in the fridge, I’ve got dried apricots soaking for the jam I was meant to do on Wednesday, so hopefully they’ll still be okay. I’ll have so much fridge space!   

• Sad 2

On 14/07/2023 at 09:44, Cait said:

I’ve been feeling rubbish most of the week having been glutened on Monday.   I’ve not got a lot to show for myself this week apart from losing half a stone that I didn’t intend.   Hopefully it’ll sort over the weekend and I can get on with stuff I’m meant to be doing - if it’s hoying it down, that won’t be dead-heading!   I’ll be jamming I expect with the gooseberries and redcurrants currently in the fridge, I’ve got dried apricots soaking for the jam I was meant to do on Wednesday, so hopefully they’ll still be okay. I’ll have so much fridge space!   

Oi missus - you didn't tell me that when we were 'chatting' last night - do hope you feel better soon - how did you come to get 'glutened'?