Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

It's Friday!

AnonyMouse_19762

So it really is Friday now!

Shhhh - don't wake louby up from her Friday afternoon nap!xD

What a very odd week - only managed to open one day this week because of the awful, awful weather

Today we started with freezing rain or should that be frozen rain - not sure - but it was horrible - everything including windows covered in ice - that turned to proper snow around lunchtime and it has been snowing consistently ever since - I am so fed up with it now:(

Words I do not want to hear from weather forecasters -  'further significant snow fall is expected'

Words I do want to hear from weather forecasters - turning milder', 'temperatures are rising', 'rain', 'a thaw has set in'

Our village is (touch wood) is fairing much better today - of the 4 possible routes in, 3 are now open........

Really hope that this weekend brings some rising temps and lots of rain to wash all the white stuff away, otherwise I fear we won't be able to re-open on Monday - I really don't want that to happen

Hope the weekend is kind to everyone

Keep warm!:)

• Like 2

I'm feeling fed up and grumpy because I haven't got anywhere near as much done as I wanted to and somehow the washing up fairy hasn't been to my house either!  I'm hoping for a little more focus this weekend.

I can't make my mind up whether to just give up trying and have tomorrow as a new day or whether to try and make myself do stuff now!

31 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I'm feeling fed up and grumpy because I haven't got anywhere near as much done as I wanted to and somehow the washing up fairy hasn't been to my house either!  I'm hoping for a little more focus this weekend.

I can't make my mind up whether to just give up trying and have tomorrow as a new day or whether to try and make myself do stuff now!

Give up and try again tomorrow - I would!:)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I'm liking the support except that my list for tomorrow already has threety-million things on it and if I don't get some stuff done for Monday when I've had two days not at school there will be lots of questions asked!

in this case, I normally do the easy stuff!   Do the washing up, then you will feel you have done something practical, and with a tidy environment around you, you will have a tidy mind!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I'm liking the support except that my list for tomorrow already has threety-million things on it and if I don't get some stuff done for Monday when I've had two days not at school there will be lots of questions asked!

Never, ever worry until your list has at least eleventy billion things on it - as Panders says do that washing up, have a cuppa and then aim for one more hour max and plan a treat at the end of that hour

• Like 2

These last few posts have made me chuckle .

My mother in-law had a stroke- she was totally all there 'mentally' but her actually speech was a mess. Anything you asked was always answered with 'thirtyonety' or occasionally 'twentyonety'.     It's been many years now since she died, but at family gatherings we all talk 'one-ty' in her honour :)

• Like 6

I have recorded my 'smile for the day' on young Froglet's thread

Now I need, please, to have a 'moan for the day' - my training that should have taken place during the week was cancelled due to the weather conditions - I have re-booked for a date in July, but will then be out of synch as that will not be within two years of my last Designated Lead for Safeguarding - so this morning I thought I would register for an appropriate refresher with Virtual College - all going well - almost finished - then a page refused to load - fiddled about for ages and ages - followed their help suggestions all to no avail - grrr - have now emailed them for further advice - I am so frustrated - could have been all done and dusted and certificate printed by now......

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Oh dear sunnyday, I did an L3 Safeguarding 3hr webinar the other day as I panicked because my last was March and in their wisdom county didn’t have anything until May ( too logical to think the 50 odd people on the last one might need renewal before the 3 yrs was up) we were asked why we were there as an opener, many said updates are due, the next question was ‘where in the eyfs framework does it say you have to do it every 2/3 or what ever years’? Interesting ¬¬, (did say refreshers were good practice but I guess I could have waited 2 months) on the plus side we have had good customer service when we had problems with virtual college before so hopefully it will get sorted and you won’t need to start again :-)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Oh dear sunnyday, I did an L3 Safeguarding 3hr webinar the other day as I panicked because my last was March and in their wisdom county didn’t have anything until May ( too logical to think the 50 odd people on the last one might need renewal before the 3 yrs was up) we were asked why we were there as an opener, many said updates are due, the next question was ‘where in the eyfs framework does it say you have to do it every 2/3 or what ever years’? Interesting ¬¬, (did say refreshers were good practice but I guess I could have waited 2 months) on the plus side we have had good customer service when we had problems with virtual college before so hopefully it will get sorted and you won’t need to start again :-)

Thanks Mousie

They have just replied which is really good so I am off now to complete it (hopefully)!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Interestingly, when I had my registration interview at the beginning of feb (see 'smile a day' post!xDxD) - the inspector looked at my certificate which was 'out of date' and commented on the fact I 'might' want to consider doing an update simply for good practice.  (I do actually have a more current one- but as is life- I just couldn't  find it at the time! ...obviously once she had gone 5.5 hours later I found it straight away) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

All completed and certificate printed.........then, as you do, I decided to do another one 'Early Help Assessment/Lead Professional/Information Sharing' - feeling quietly pleased with myself :)

How much do they cost?   And do you have a link please?

After our snow closure and short days last week, as discussed with staff each has agreed to do an online course in return for normal pay :) 

I saw a free food hygiene one somewhere that I need to look up too. 

8 minutes ago, louby loo said:

How much do they cost?   And do you have a link please?

After our snow closure and short days last week, as discussed with staff each has agreed to do an online course in return for normal pay :) 

I saw a free food hygiene one somewhere that I need to look up too. 

They were free! :)

I am on my tablet now - hmmm - not sure if I can access a link - will see and come back - if not try googling 'Virtual College' 

26 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

They were free! :)

I am on my tablet now - hmmm - not sure if I can access a link - will see and come back - if not try googling 'Virtual College' 

Ha Ha... sounds like me on my new laptop, I now fear links maybe a thing of the past!xDxDxD

I shall have a good old google look. Our LSCB does do a few, I just need to try and remember my username and password - never gonna happen:$

• Haha 1

'ere we go again - it's Friday!

Has been a great week at preschool - just a slight blip when we lost water on Tuesday!

Mr S continues to be well which is just wonderful (I am, of course, touching wood as I type!)

We have been to the cinema this afternoon - we saw 'Finding Your Feet' - can recommend - one of those films that has you laughing out loud one minute and then reaching for a tissue in the next - Mr S is getting soft in his old age - he said "that brought a tear to my eye"...........we called into Frankie and Bennys afterwards for a spaghetti carbonara and a cheeky G&T - very nice!

Have an extensive TDL to tackle tomorrow and then hope to see my sons and their families on Mothering Sunday :)

Have a good weekend everyone!

• Like 2

Sounds like a lovely day Sunnyday - I've had that film on my to watch list for a bit - maybe Sunday!

As for Friday - all I can say is Thank goodness!

Lengthy TDL this weekend but a lovely time Saturday afternoon when I'm going to see my nephew sing with his choir for the first time.  I am so proud of him - I will smile up to my eyes as my niece says and quite possibly have a tear in them too!

• Like 1