About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

It's Friday!

AnonyMouse_19762

43 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Wow! that's fantastic!

Any tips to share...  ???.9_9    

We  were re-registered in Feb as a 'new' setting so technically up to 30 mths before visit- but as we are actually 'old' and would have been due one early next year, I think we may get inspected sooner rather than later.

Thank you louby - we are all very chuffed!:D

Not really sure about tips - make sure that all staff know the important stuff i.e. safeguarding and then just be positive and proactive which I'm sure you would be anyway!:)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Oh wow Sunnyday that is fabulous, well done you and your team, you must be so proud.  Any chance of downloading the report to read? I love reading others reports and getting myself into a state of agitation😉

I would happily share - but then I would blow my cover :ph34r::D I like to be anonymous (and mysterious xD)

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Whoop! Whoop! Guess what has arrived...….our Inspection Report...…..I can now share with you that we have been judged as Outstanding in all areas!!!:)

Brilliant news!!!! Congratulations to you and your team! :D

• Like 1

Did they focus particularly on how you analyse the data you get from tracking/progress charts.  I had an LA visit this week and it was made clear that they expect it to be broken down into groups, then broken down again and again!  I knew it was an area that I was not looking at quite closely enough but felt a bit demoralised by it to be honest.  Something that I intend to get to grips with during the summer, ready for a September.  Just wondered if Ofsted are looking closely for this?

8 hours ago, zigzag said:

Did they focus particularly on how you analyse the data you get from tracking/progress charts.  I had an LA visit this week and it was made clear that they expect it to be broken down into groups, then broken down again and again!  I knew it was an area that I was not looking at quite closely enough but felt a bit demoralised by it to be honest.  Something that I intend to get to grips with during the summer, ready for a September.  Just wondered if Ofsted are looking closely for this?

Morning zigzag - thank goodness she didn't concentrate too hard on that aspect as I am not so hot on that either :ph34r: that said she has commented that I follow advice from other professionals so that would be LA visits...…..

We talked about how I use the info from the children's progress updates and I could show how that feeds into planning

Will pm you later when I fire up the laptop! :)

11 hours ago, zigzag said:

Hi Zigzag, I have this worry too xD  Luckily for me two of my staff went on training this week and have come back with an excel spreadsheet which apparently  does all sorts of wonderful things.   I've not looked at it- but will check in a day or so and see if it's on the LA website.  It's on my summer TDL xDxD

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Thanks for all your kind words :)

Please note I am not letting this 'go to my head' - I am, as ever, dealing with my weekend TDL (and having a quick look on here of course)

Have a good weekend all :)

We would expect nothing less!  Needless to say, I presume that you may treat yourself to some well earned new stationery items ............

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, zigzag said:

Hi Zigzag I was Ofsted about a month ago, yes she did ask and question my analytical powers!  She was happy with the Kent Tracker I used, but of course this has now been up-dated and we are being charged for it!  The old one was relatively easy to use and yes it does a lot of the work for you but putting the information in if you have a lot of

children is a bit of a mission.   Printing info off was ok but lots of colours so a bit of a hit with the ink.

Congratulations Sunnyday. We were judged Outstanding too in April and it really gives you a lift to get the acknowledgement. Although when parents say "We always knew you were outstanding", I sometimes feel like showing them the Judgement Criteria so they can see its not as easy as all that!

• Like 2

.............................. and breath...... (sorry for all you full year'ers)

I need a few days break......... then I'm hoping sunnyday will inspire me to create a TDL.

It's been a fantastic year for us, as this time last year we thought we would have to close. Our parents have been wonderfully supportive, and we've done 'ok' financially - even though the previous owner still owes us almost £4k........  1st thing that needs to be on my list is the small claims court then I suppose 9_9

Happy Hols everyone, and I hope the full day-care have a quieter and stress free summer too.

• Like 2