Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

How to Blow Frozen Bubbles

I shared  a short video showing this on the facebook page of FSF Addicts.. but thought you may like to see it here and give it a go.. Sorry cannot get the video to show here  unless on Facebook then you can see here .

How to Blow Frozen Bubbles

Go outside when the temperatures are below freezing. The colder the better.
Allow your bubble solution to cool before blowing bubbles.
Find a place outside that is cold and protected from the wind.
Blow a bubble and catch it on the bubble wand.
Wait. The bubble won’t freeze immediately. Depending on the temperature outside, it may take a few seconds to a few minutes to freeze.
When the bubble is frozen, touch it lightly and see what happens.
Try making frozen bubbles in other places. What would happen if you carefully put a bubble in the freezer?

Have fun 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Inge said:

did it work? 

Not yet - my bubble mixture had been in my understairs cupboard which is almost as good as being outside it's so cold.  I got a bubble and it settled and swirled but then the wind blew it away.  I've left the bubble mixture outside and will try again later.  In the meantime I think I probably ought to get on with next week's planning and writing a maths development plan!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Froglet said:

Not yet - my bubble mixture had been in my understairs cupboard which is almost as good as being outside it's so cold.  I got a bubble and it settled and swirled but then the wind blew it away.  I've left the bubble mixture outside and will try again later.  In the meantime I think I probably ought to get on with next week's planning and writing a maths development plan!

Actually I really think that frozen bubble blowing is far more important - please get on with it and report back - thank you xDxDxD

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)