Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Changing Facilities For Sen Child

Guest bobby

:o Hi there, hope someone can give me some information.

I work in a school nursery class of 39 part time children to 3 adults! We have admitted a 3 year old Downs Syndrome boy with his own learning support adult. It is all going well and he has settled in nicely. HOwever, we have to provide changing facilities for him and there seems to be great difficulty finding a suitable changing table that will fit into the restricted space in our toilets. There has been much tooing and froing and head scratching by the Borough's Surveyor.

I would just change him as we do all the other children but we have been told that he must have special facilities.

Does anyone know where a small, folding, wall mounted table can be purchased?

I'm sure I will find more help here than we seem to have at present.

Thanks a lot

Bobby

Guest bobby
Last year I had a child with Cerebral Palsy and we had a folding electricaly opperated table fitted by our LEA will check tomorrow on the manufacturer/supplier.

50583[/snapback]

Hi Marion, thanks for your prompt reply. Would be really grateful for any information.

Bobby

I bought a wall mountable changing mat from IKEA, four years ago, it's still going strong. It takes little space and folds up against the wall when not in use. Very reasonable price as well. Not electric though.

Peggy

Sorry Bobby I havent been in the unit today (crisis one of those days days :o ) I know the electric tables are very expensive it was supplied by the LEA and did not come out of school buget or I dont think we would have got it. To be honest it has rarely been used and we all moan about the space it takes up.

Guest bobby
hi bobby

our table is an Easilift wall mounted changing bench

from G & S Smirthwaite Ltd

their telephone number is 016283552

email  enquires@smirthwaite.co.uk

50795[/snapback]

Hi Marion, Thank you for your help. I shall pass it on to my head. :D

Guest bobby
Hi Marion, thanks for your prompt reply.  Would be really grateful for any information.

Bobby

50586[/snapback]

Thank you Peggy, I hadn't thought of Ikea and shall certainly go and take a look.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)