Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Tiolet Trainning

This is interesting as we have always been 1:10 in our maintained nursery school and we have always had a headteacher who teaches. However we now have a part time head teacher who doesn't teach and we continue to be 1:10.

What I would like to know is after Easter we will have over 30 children in the morning and I am the only teacher. The head teacher is going to take on a TA2 to cover the extra. So our staff will be 1 teacher, 2 TA3's and 1 TA2. Is this legal? Or should we actually be employing another teacher? We have always traditionally had 2 teachers and 2 TA3's with one teacher being the head teacher.

Sue

Thanks for the link Marion :D

I knew it was 1:8 for pre-schools and 1:13 for school nursery classes and thought this also applied to maintained nursery schools but have just seen this:

Maintained nursery school

Children Act guidance, volume 2

2:20 (qualified teacher status + NNEB)

2:26 (where the headteacher does not teach)

Am I being thick here :o why does it increase from 1:10 to 1:13 if the head teacher does not teach??

Bet there is a simply answer and I have just got addled brain and will feel a twit when someone replies xD

51142[/snapback]

That confused me too a friend who works in a nursery school says this is because with a non teaching head there is in fact 2 qualified teachers plus a NNEB available???????? not sure if this is correct but a possible explaination maybe someone knows for sure.

Edited by Marion

Am I being thick here xD why does it increase from 1:10 to 1:13 if the head teacher does not teach??

Bet there is a simply answer and I have just got addled brain and will feel a twit when someone replies :(

51142[/snapback]

Its probably because the headteacher will be 'available' if a problem occurs I imagine. I suppose on paper that works but then we all live in the real world!!! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)