Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Cultural information

Hi, we are starting to gain a more diverse cohort and some of our less experienced practitioners are quite rightly questioning us on various aspects i.e. halal, family set up, how surnames and first names run on through families. 

We are pushed for getting together to discuss all of it as full meetings are already booked but wanting to offer website links or literature to those needing it and upskilling that way. Anybody got anything to start me off please :)

Hi

you could try here

https://naldic.org.uk/

But my favourite thing is to ask the parents....they will often explain really well and a conversation about same and different comes about. we have in the past had offers of photos/wedding dresses /artifacts and food (be careful with that !!!)

It can be even more complicated that different areas of a country may do things differently as well ...so northern Indian families are a whole different ball game to southern for instance

Amazon have a few books although trying to find a good one is quite tricky.....!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)