Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Recruiting internally

I have got two staff retiring after many years and need to advertise for staff. One of the positions is for Deputy Manager. I am trying to clarify if I can promote for this position internally as I have a member of staff suitable for the role. The role of assistant will obviously be advertised externally following our safer recruitment policy. We want to make sure we get everything right as we are due an Ofsted inspection. It seems to make sense to be able to promote staff but wanted to make sure we are getting it right.

Hi

I'm no expert but I believe you can recruit/promote internally...but say you have two staff members who have the same qualifications and experience for the job you have to advertise to all those eligible for fairness, so would have to interview etc.

I could be wrong so maybe ring acas for advise?

• 3 weeks later...