Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Linking Birth To 3 With The Foundation Stage

I tend to plan with the Fs in mind first, because we are in a mixed age pre-school setting. I then adapt the activities to fit into BTTM planning. The children (all of them) do the same activity, but the learning intentions will be different for the different age groups. SOme will reflect the intentions from the FS and the others will reflect those from BTTM. Hope this helps!

Sorry, keep it simple, I recently saw someone do food with U3's and they really didnt get the healthy bit. Try reinforcing the foods you know are healthy while they are doing an activity i.e. if they are on the climbing frame say how well they are climbing, and add that bananas give us energy to climb higher etc. If they are on a bug hunt say how well carrots make our eyes work (it's true, it's the vitamin E, and I thought my mom was conning me :o ) Your local supermarket may be able to help with posters and other resources, I'm pretty sure someone on here had a visit organised through Sainsburys. Good luck with it :D

Hi,

our local Asda has always been fantastic when we've taken children there, you need to ring first and ask to speak to their 'events organiser'. Our lovely lady always greets us, walks round with us answering any questions. Once when I accompanied my daughters reception class, two members of staff walked back with us wheeling trollies full to the brim with gifts for the children and resources for the school. Highly recommended

Karrie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)