Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

I bought a table top A3 light panel from eBay for about £90 about 3 years ago. It's brilliant, takes up very little space when not being used. We've picked up so many interesting resources over the years. It's been fab to see how the children creativity with the panel and resources develops when they're given the time to lose themselves in it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, shona_caulton said:

I bought a plastic box with a lid on from BNM bargains, bought a set of lights, then drilled a small hole at the bottom of the box to feed the wire through to plug in. Works fantastic. 

cost £15.00

Ours is home made too and works quite well, just try and find one with quite a transparent lid (some are too opaque).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Ours is home made too and works quite well, just try and find one with quite a transparent lid (some are too opaque).

3 hours ago, Stargrower said:

And a completely flat lid with no ridges in too.  

But what lights did you use?  My problem was you could see the actual lights bulbs rather than a 'glow' I tried adding tissue paper, then fabric to diffuse the light but it didn't work. 

8 hours ago, louby loo said:

But what lights did you use?  My problem was you could see the actual lights bulbs rather than a 'glow' I tried adding tissue paper, then fabric to diffuse the light but it didn't work. 

I just used white Xmas lights with baking paper under the lid...have you looked at Pinterest? 

15 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I just used white Xmas lights with baking paper under the lid...have you looked at Pinterest? 

I tried all kinds of paper and fabrics.

I think it's just me :/   I feel my problem I used to use light boxes in a previous lifexDxD, and now I'm looking for the perfection I was used to!

• Haha 2

On 12/10/2019 at 21:39, finleysmaid said:

We have a slim light panel i think from TTS but (confession!) i don't use it very often...anyone any good ideas for activities???

We don't really do activities with it.  We have it out with loose parts and sometimes put an empty picture frame on it for children to make their own 'transient art'.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 21:39, finleysmaid said:

We have a slim light panel i think from TTS but (confession!) i don't use it very often...anyone any good ideas for activities???

We use 'sparkly numbers' + counters

We have some translucent shapes - children able to 'build' their own pictures

Use for leaves

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

We have a fabulous light unit from Gompels. It is an hour glass shape, plugs in to charge then can move anywhere, and has a remote to either set one colour or have a rotation of colours. It is extremely robust and has been with our 1-2s for well over a year. I recently had a visit from Nexus who have started selling a light cube which is touch and sound sensitive, it is also extremely robust (they advertise the fact that children can stand/jump on it etc). It is £199 plus VAT, but sounds like it would last a long time (although I don't actually have one myself to let you know).

Sarah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)