Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Funding question.

2 hours ago, Panders said:

I daren't print what I think!

He is toe curling, and I don't believe a word he says or any of the others, they do not care if businesses go under.

i fear you are right. Unless someone stands up for our industry and fights for us then we are all going to suffer...but what annoys me more than anything  is that this is not supporting families/nor is it going to help children. Baa humbug

Early Years has been a political football for nearly 25 years - someone decided funding was a good vote catcher, and would cost a moderate amount of money - without thinking about the actual individual businesses involved.   In between elections we are parked on the subs bench.    We make cute photo opportunities.    And while most early years businesses are very good at running on a pittance because we are brilliant at making something from nothing and we do actually care about families and children, any future  governments will continue to use us badly.    Whatever they "promise"   It is still a case of lemonade and champagne I fear.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

What makes me mad (as well as the dire underfunding) is that there is nothing to stop all political parties making empty promises that they have no intention of keeping, or even any means of keeping them.  They promise millions/billions of pounds of funding for childcare, for education, for the NHS, for defence but it is our money in tax revenue that they are promising and we all know it won't stretch to fulfil their promises.  

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)