Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

People Who Help Us

Hi everyone,

Our topic next term is People Who help Us. We have got lots of non-fiction books and intend to arrange visits from various people but I am stuck when it comes to thinking about which texts to use for Literacy. The Jolly Postman springs to mind but I'm struggling to think of any others. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Rosie

Sounds good, cant think of any off the top of my head, but there are always loads of books in WHS when your looking for a topic.

I keep thinking I will keep book list from topics I have done, but I never get round to it... maybe we should start one on here!

HI, books I have used in the past, ' What would we do without Missus Mac,' non fiction books about firefighters, doctor etc. I always type in a search on amazon for good book ideas,

good luck! :)

Topsy and Tim meet the firefighters/doctor/dentist/police/start school/have their eyes tested/buynew shoes/go to the supermarket

I love T&t although I know lots of people don't

You can get them dead cheap on Amazon in the slightly bigger format they used about 5/6 years ago

Some might argue that they are to literacy what sticky sweets are to dental hygiene!

Other ideas:

Fireman Small books (again from Amazon and American but mine loved them -written in rhyme)

Flashing Fire engines

There's alovely book about people who work at night shows police, hospital (birth of new baby) post office etc but I can't remember name -someone will I'll bet.

Cops and Robbers

Hope this helps and I haven't lost all cred admitting I like the terrible twins

Barb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)