Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Rhthym Sticks

hi,

have been asked by my leader to see if any one knows some good CD music that can be used with these sticks. She keeps saying Mickey Mouse to me but I just look bemused!!!!! Any ideas????? Please

Thanx

kizzy xx :o

I'm sure this was discussed a while ago on the forum, you could try doing a search and seeing if you can find it, i'm just not sure were it was

hi,

have been asked by my leader to see if any one knows some good CD music that can be used with these sticks. She keeps saying Mickey Mouse to me but I just look bemused!!!!! Any ideas????? Please

Thanx

kizzy xx :o

57450[/snapback]

We do a programme called Sounds Great in my Nursery and have done for about 5 years.It is a phonological programme based on rhyme and songs.As part of this we sing a song called Mickey the mouse which has a strong rhythmn

words are

Mickey the Mouse,Mickey the Mouse

He plays music all round the house

Mickey the mouse,Mickey the mouse

Plays the music inside his house.

when we do it with instruments we substitute the name of the instrument in the last line

so instead of saying "Plays the music inside the house"-We would say"Plays the bells inside his house2

Dunno if thats any help

Crestacat :)

We often chant the rhyme 'Dr. Knickerbocker' - however we don't have any music for it - it is just a good rhythm rhyme - I do think that there once was a cassette (showing my age now!) that had an accompaniment for this rhyme - will try and find out.

Hi

Iwent on a fantastic cpd course yesterday hosted by a lady who has produced her own music and movement/dance programme it included great songs to sing using claves (ryhthm sticks?) The book comes with 2 cds and is £29:99 its called Kidz-fiz-biz by Marlene Rattigan (Check amazon)and is well worth checking out. She showed us some great activities using scarves and ribbon sticks! Also some very simple songs including dance steps and clapping games.

We often chant the rhyme 'Dr. Knickerbocker' - however we don't have any music for it - it is just a good rhythm rhyme - I do think that there once was a cassette (showing my age now!) that had an accompaniment for this rhyme - will try and find out.

57464[/snapback]

Dr Knickerbocker, knickerbocker, number nine.

He likes to dance and keep in time.

So lets get the rhythm of the hands (clap, clap)

So lets get the rhythm of the hands,

So lets get the rhythm of the number nine.

A 1, a 2, a 3 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

More actions and verses follow

Sorry love this song (I think you can find it on a CD called Singing Sherlock) our county music service use it- its a very swingy, upbeat fun song with lots of actions and wo- woos.

I have also seen it in a Michael Rosen collection of poems for younger children so who knows where it originates from.

Brilliant song and our children love it (as well as 'Keep on dancing' from Prof Dogg troupe (you get to wiggle you eyebrows, knobble your knee caps (very Charlston), or whatever its called) lots of opportunites for the big theatrical numbers- imagine you' re on Broadway belting it out!!!!!

Lisa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)