Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

What's That Book Called?!?

Our topic next term is bears- We are looking at the books 'The Lost Teddy' and the book where the bear goes so space in a cardboard box - oh what is it called???????!!!

Anyway if anyone has any ideas for activities to go alongside these books or any plan they would like to share for inspiration they would be gratefully received!

Whatever Next by Jill Murphy I think. Will go and search my computer now as I think I have the planning I used last year it may be of some use. :)

I can't find my plan but this was what I used as a starting point (it is a year 1 plan however)here.

I also used one of the belair books- either staring from story or story time topics. It had some good ideas for all areas of learning. Hope that helps. :)

Not 'The Lost Bear', but some ideas for 'The Teddy Robber' by Ian Beck.

PSED - understand what's right and wrong and why - is it right to steal somethings that belongs to another? Why did the giant steal teddies? Do the children that the giant was right to act as he did? What would they have done if they were the giant/Tom?

MD - Show double page illustration from the book that show 'all the lost teddies of the world'. Is it possible to count them all? Why not? Demo how setting your teddies in rows makes it easier to count. Use teddies to reinforce one to one correspondence.

CLL - Make a poster for their own lost teddy.

Harricroft

• 4 weeks later...

Is it Whatever Next by Jill Murphy? Pretty sure thats what its called. Check Amazon. Am sure of the author but not the title. Good luck, Jen :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)