Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Goals Or Nls Objective?

On medium term planning for literacy do you put the objectives from the NLS or the early learning goal or both?

Everytime i write medium term plans i feel confident in what i have done i am now reading them back and am full of doubts!!!

The new draft framework for literacy (where it pertains to the Foundation Stage), which can be found here is, apart from 3 things, the ELGs anyway - hooray!

I think that, in the light of the Rose report, elements of the NLS have been discredited a bit.

Edited by Guest

I'ld primarily use the elgs, the frameworks have been revised to take them into account anyway and they inform the fsp. However as said, the nls statements can break goals down a little if you want to use them as a short term learning intention - the elgs are after all an end of key stage expectation rather than a short term learning outcome and your short term plans for sessions might need this smaller stepped approach.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)