Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

First Aid Courses

As from 1st April all first aid courses undertaken by early years settings will have to have been for a minimum of 12 hours duration and include first aid for babies and young children. I know that some training has been the 1st aid at work course and this will no longer be adequate.

Linda

I hadn't heard this information until reading your post.

I did my last first aid course in October 2003 as well as the Certificate I was given a wallet size card, Just rushed to see exactly what it says! I have received training and assessment in "First Aid for Childcarers"

It also says "as approved by the Pre-school learning alliance and the national childminding association"

As with most courses, the certificate is valid for three years.

I did the training in the evening from 7-10pm one evening a week for four weeks though there were opportunities for day time courses. Maybe it's coincidence that it amounted to 12 hours.

I should add that if you have a current certificate that is fine and still stands. This applies to new certificates, that is somebody training for the first time or renewing!!

Sorry if I panicked you Geraldine!!

Linda

• 1 year later...

Hi Fiona

As long as they are always on the premises that's ok. But what do you do if they are off sick? Who would be your firstaider then? We have decided this year to have all six staff trained and then anybody can deal with an accident-we have always had at least three of us in the past.

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)