Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Weekly Planning Format

:o help help help!

I have to change my planning format according to the SMT!

At the moment I do a weekly Lit plan, a weekly Num plan and a general weekly plan split into the 5 days and the areas of learning. Currently, I just write the activity I am going to do that week for each area. All ELGS and stepping stones are on my medium term plans so I don't re-write these. But apparently its not done in enough detail! I have looked on here for a weekly planning format that has more detail but I can't find 1!

It has to be more like the other teachers are doing. I looked at the yr1 teachers planning file for inspiration and went into panic! She has each subject split into daily plans with the objective, the adult input, the main activity split into groups, the resources she will be using etc.etc! It seems more like the planning I used to do as a student teacher...i.e FAR TOO MUCH!

Does anyone have an example they could post to show me how their planning folder is set up? They are happy with my Lit and Num but its the weekly plan they want in more detail!

I'd appreciate any advice or words of wisdom!

Planning is a personal issue but it does need to be flexible and workable and I would be actively encouraging you to drop the separate literacy and numeracy plans BUT in your circumstances this does seem feasible or sensible.

If you have the ELGs etc on your medium plans then you ought to be able to transfer these to your weekly plans on a cut and paste basis. The duplication of information has always struck me as a paper exercise and time consuming and I can only sympathise on that one. Can you make yourself a master planner so that at least once done, the details are not too time consuming to add? SMT ought to be working with you on this one, to formulate something that is acceptable to them and workable for you.

thanks for the speedy response Susan.

Unfortunately I am the only person in school with any EY experience/knowledge so they've left it to me to sort out! Might go to the year1 teacher and see if she has any suggestions. I could easily cut and paste the stepping stones but as you said, its paper work for paper works sake! Surely it has to be what works for me and my TA?!

I'll have another think and see what I can come up with. Anyone elses examples would be greatly appreciated though......

sorry to hijack thread but was wondering when everyone else gets time to do their short term planning? I'm a NQt and struggling to have a life with the planning per week then trying to still sort out the classroom things (a in special needs school and need to establish PECS and individual schedules and labelling of things in the class) and then theres observations and trying to get assessments of teacher directed stuff - I'm just not finding time for it all. I've been away this weekend which has been lovely but has left me pretty unprepared for the week ahead.

Sorry for the rant and taking over the thread!

Jo

Good luck, Catherine.

Jo you should have PPA time and non contact time as an NQT, equivalent of a day out of the classroom each week or thereabouts.

You need to prioritise and ask for support if your workload is too great. It can be very tough but you do need some "ME" time so hope your weekend away will have helped.

Good luck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)