Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Placement Letters For Schools

Hi guys

I was just wondering if you could help me to write a letter to gain a placement in primary schools working with foundation stage children.

I have started one but could do with futher advice. I would like to send the letters out by Tuesday morning/afternoon when I have time to write them out and find out the headteachers name. I have deceided to send them to schools that have nursery/reception classes with the exeption to 2 who have reception classes only.

Thank you in advance.

Beth

schools_placement_letter.doc

I have desiced to send out a few letters to where I cannot get to in time and try to go around the rest of the schools on Tuesday and Wednesday. I have added a updated version of my letter can you please look to see if I have worded the job it correctly please. :o

Also how do I approch the schools :( , today I went to the school secretary for a placement request and she did not give write down all my requiments for placements. Would I be better going to the school talking to them and then giving the letter so they fully understand my request?

I feel that time is running out as I need my placement by Thursday, unless I send my course leader an email explaining that I am talking to my local schools about placements but I am awaiting further details from them? xD:(:(

Thanks Beth.

schools_placement_letter2.doc

Beth, take you letter to the schools and leave it after explaining what you want. Take the letter back to the school you went to today.

I have ammended it slighty for you, up to you which version you use. Good luck.

How did the interviews go?

Also dont give up on the course. Explain to them how you are resolving the situation.

You could always put the word urgently in your letter!

index.php.doc

Thanks Susan your a STAR! :D

I had 2 interviews one went well but it's a long way to travel approx 30-45 mins depending on traffic. The one yesterday afternoon was a right shambles they did not seem to know when they wanted staff, when it will start and asked no questions or looked at my Certificates, for all they knew I could be anybody posing as a Nursery Nurse!

Beth

Edited by beth1

I have some good news. :D

I have a 2 day a week placement at a local school about 15 mins walk away or 3 mins in car. AGGGHH I need to sort out my CRB, although I have been told it is in date(april 06!) by OFSTED. I think my agency is been very silly, they are part of one of the umberella organisations dealing with CRB checks.

What are the odds that I get loads of offers from other schools. :o How do I deal with them about already getting a placement? xD

Thank you soo much for all your help. Susan you letter has worked at treat. I will keep you inform of my job hunting and placement experince.

Beth

Great news, well done!

Your letter though, I only added a tiny bit from what you'd told me.

Now wait a bit and make sure your placement is going to work out and then send a brief note to the schools you contacted saying thank you for their time but that you have now found a suitable placement. If any others get back to you before that you say thank you but you have a suitable placement already but should it not work out, can you get back to them?

fingers crossed, beth!

• 10 months later...

It's that time of year again still no job but now I really need to do some more letters again. :oxDxD I am going to be the indpendant learner in gaining my own placement again without college help. :wacko:

I have decided to go back to college, I will try and get a new placement as I think it could look good when looking for a job. :( I thought at first to ask my old placement school, however on relfection possible employers may think why did't I go out and look for another one. :rolleyes:

So I am going to try the other local schools in the area, with amendments to Susans letter (added that timetables are given out on .......). :( I am now off to look at the school term dates, local schools and maybe the ones up near me within a short driving distance up on the hill. :(

Beth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)