Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Fsp Moderation Requirements

Received my moderation letter last week to attend mod. meeting for Feb 2007 and only just read it. I still can't understand why they ask for a top/middle/lower ability evidence but for different profile points. It would make more sense to take a t/m/l sample for the same point to me so that you can clearly see the progression? Does anyone know why this is the case?

Sorry we arent asked for top middle and bottoms in my LA

' Practitioners are expected to be able to discuss two or three different observations or pieces of evidence that led them to make their judgements about one child for each of these five statements. It can be a different child for each statement'

like your snowman too :D

We have to take evidence for higher, average and lower achievers for each of the areas being moderated (this year K&U and PSED - all strands)

different LAs will organise it differently - the main requirement is to provide moderation opportunities for all settings, either a visit or a meeting. The PSE/KUW focus is the one on the timetable in the back of the handbook although some LAs take a different focus from that if they decide there is good reason. However moderation should start within the setting and in fact this is also stated in annex 1 of the handbook with examples of how this might look, so the Las moderation is for them to assure themselves that judgements are similar across settings as well as to support practitioners in making secure judgements. I actually think there is too much reliance on the LA to moderate as a "judge" of whether it's "right" or not and not enough internal moderation which would enable others in a school/setting to see the robustness of the FSP and how decisions are reached. Last year a school called us up on the 30th june to say they thought the teachers had overscored - why hadn't they looked at this already?? It was a mad scrabble to organise an emergency moderation which frankly the school/SMT should have been sorting out way before that!

Cx :o

This year we were given instructions on how to introduce and carry out a particular maths task with the children in our class and two writing tasks (one adult initiated and 1 CIP) these were then brought along to moderation meetings across the county in our usual clusters. Different again from others really depends on your LEA.

Liz x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)