Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Success Criteria

I know it has been discussed before but how are people finding AFL/Use of s.criteria in Reception now? The children seem to latch on to WALT/WILF ok but i sometimes feel they are being overloaded with reminders on how to succeed before they get going on their activity....and then have to stop to evaluate how they have done meanwhile they end up with hardly enough time to get engrossed in the learning itself! Maybe its just me? Any fab ideas anyone? :o

She is the lady with all the answers, and has some really interesting things to say but 90% of it is KS1 or 2... The principles transfer easily its just day to day practicalities...

I have read both 'Targeting Assessment in the Primary Classroom' and 'Unlocking Formative Assessement' by Shirley Clarke and I found the first title more suitable. The second title I mentioned I felt was a little too much KS2 focussed. However if you have bags of time to spare (which I'm sure you haven't :o ) both are a good read. I am not aware of any other titles however there may well be some, however these are the 2 we have in school.

We have used success criteria in FS2 (Rec) for a while now. We call them "steps to success".

For example, writing news, our steps to success would be"start with a capital letter" then perhaps " leave spaces" then " use and". These can be put on steps and are there as a visual reminder to the children. They aare also useful to us to monitor progress.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)