Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Cleaning Up Vomit

I would be really grateful if you could share your procedures for dealing with vomit on carpets.

There seems to be a bit of uncertainty (read between the lines) in our school Nursery setting about what we're allowed to use and not allowed to use. We haven't got a written policy and I haven't yet found any authority guidelines. I tend to use Titan Sanitizer to wash the area after the children have gone home but other staff say we shouldn't be using anything apart from water.

What do the rest of you do?

J

I would be really grateful if you could share your procedures for dealing with vomit on carpets.

There seems to be a bit of uncertainty (read between the lines) in our school Nursery setting about what we're allowed to use and not allowed to use. We haven't got a written policy and I haven't yet found any authority guidelines. I tend to use Titan Sanitizer to wash the area after the children have gone home but other staff say we shouldn't be using anything apart from water.

What do the rest of you do?

J

Hi I have some powder that has a strong flowery smell that I am supposed to pour over sick on carpets only(all staff have it in their cupboards). It dries the sick up so that it can be cleaned up easily. I can look and see what it is called tomorrow if it is of any help- as far as I know it is from GLS or another educational supplier. This is the procedure we all follow at our school. Will follow this thread with interest to see what others have to say

Hey, thanks everyone! The flowery stuff sounds good and I should have thought of bicarb myself. I use it home a lot.

I wish we had underfoor heating like the Reception class then we could maybe get rid of our carpet too. It's comfy for floor play but a real pain when mud, wee, sick, food etc gets dropped on it.

Any other ways of dealing with vimit on carpets out there?

J

vimit sounds easier to deal with. How about vomit?

J

only my thoughts, because I use lots of rugs in my shared venue setting which fit into washing machines or can be removed until cleaned,

I would screen the area until end of session the use a dustpan and brush for intial sweep, followed by cleaning with soapy water followed by rinsing with disinfectant followed by shake and vac ( is it still available????)

remember those adverts :o

i expect I am totally wrong but that's what I would do until i knew otherwise xD

Peggy

We use something called Body spill granules they are from Unit-Medic aids ltd

29, Blackberry Lane, Hasbury, Halesowen, B63 4NX 01215502222.

You sprinkle the granules and leave for three minutes and they absorb the vomit, you then hoover or scoop up. They work better the wetter the vomit is!!

Hope this helps

We do as Peggy "clean and screen" the area during session time and then clean more thourghly with stonger disinfectant after the children have gone home, like Peggy we have rugs rather than the whole room as carpet so if necessary the rugs can be removed or replaced easily.

Cathyuhu - it is a small world, I know Blackberry lane too... I did my DPP up the road at Hasbury CE school. but your right that has nothing to do with this post! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)