Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

I Can't Remember....

AnonyMouse_6361

what happens in the baby room I have totally got brain block! :( And I have never worked in such a large baby room before! :(

Does someone work in a 12 place baby room working with the 0-2 years old in one room? :o

Could you tell me what happens in the room and what the leader does? :wacko:

How do you plan for the babies using BTT? xD

TIA I just would like some ideas to remind me.

Now wheres Clare when you need her? Well I did say in a pevious post where my leadership job, I think it just round the corner indeed! :(

Beth

No replies yet, possibly too broad a list of questions.

I am guessing this is in preparation for your interview.

Start with national standards.

do a forum search of BTTM, most probably find Clares posts.

Look at job description.

look at common core of knowledge, skills attitudes.

Look up supervisory / leadership skills on internet / publications.

and don't forget it also depends on the individual needs of the current children ( and their families) you are caring for.

Good luck.

Peggy

p.s. I am sure you know the answers to your own questions. :o

relax and have confidence in your knowledge and experience to date.

Peggy

what happens in the baby room I have totally got brain block! :( And I have never worked in such a large baby room before! :(

Does someone work in a 12 place baby room working with the 0-2 years old in one room? :o

Could you tell me what happens in the room and what the leader does? xD

How do you plan for the babies using BTT? xD

TIA I just would like some ideas to remind me.

Now wheres Clare when you need her? Well I did say in a pevious post where my leadership job, I think it just round the corner indeed! :wacko:

Beth

Hi Beth. Wow, it's nice to be needed!

Our baby unit is actually 14 place, 7 under 1 and 7 1-2. I am responsible for showing prospective parents around the unit, organising settling in periods, assigning key workers, organising observation folders and ensuring settling in notes are written up, makin sure observations are done by each staff member for each of their key children, ensuring the planning is done and links in with the children's needs and interests (this has been a particular battle for me at this setting), providing support and assistance for students of varying levels (kind of like a mentor), ensuring the place is clean and tidy, toys disinfected regularly, garden checks are completed, safety checks within the unit are done on time and by the named person for that week.

Oh and the odd bit of interaction with the children, which unfortunately seems to get less by the day as my list above grows. Looking at it now, I do the majority of that stuff on a daily basis. The interaction thing has been an issue for me. I didn't want to do all the running around doing everything else apart from the one thing that I trained and gained qualifications in but after discussions with my manager, the paper side of things is now going to be shared between myself and my colleague, particularly things like organising rotas for snack times, tea time, nappy changes, washing up etc.

As for the planning thing, we carry out 2 observations per week on each child. On the bottom of the observation sheets is a space for writing in the children's 'next steps' (this is an adapted FS observation sheet). On the obs we write the area within BTTM the 'thing' relates to, consider a next step and then use the next steps to inform the planning. We also make note of children's interests, for example, this week, two of my toddlers have been emptying the small plastic toy boxes onto the floor, turning the boxes upside down and sitting on them, rocking backwards and forwards. So for the plan next week, we are going to provide the children with rockers and ride ons so they can explore actual movement, as this appears to be an interest they have at the moment. This is an ongoing thing actually, over the last 2 weeks.

We do allow room for changes to be made to the plan and if we need to shift things about for whatever reason, then we do so.

I hope this essay :( answers some of your questions Beth.

Guest cathy m

Have you applied for the post? i would have thought the application form would have included a job spec, necessary criteria etc :o

Cathy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)