Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Extending Drawing Skills

Hi all

long time no speak. Been extremely busy since our new Deputy arrived in Jan. He's got my Pro. Development going full staem ahead. But I digress....

In my group, I have a lad who is exremely good at drawing. Not neccessarily representational images, though he does do these, but very intricate and gridlike systems within his various dinosaurs, men etc. When it comes to looking at pattern, space and shape, he is able to replicate these very accurately for a 3 year old.. He also loves and is very addept at , making representational pictures with 2D shapes. He loves jigsaws and has brgun to make his own.

My reason for this rambling is, to ask how I can develop these skills. Is it drawing or maths or what? I at first had him down as Gand T in the Art area. What do you think?

kate

I'm really not sure either, Kate but he does sound very talented for a 3year old and with advanced pencil / creative skills. His spatial awareness is also enhanced and I think I would be looking to develop those skills with plenty of opportunities and experiences to participate in activities exploring media and materials.

Nice to see you back on board!!

How is he with using art packages/ICT creatively? 3D models? Can he plan and then design or evaluate/change his work if necessary? Maybe you could extend him that way ???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)