Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Pe Planning/ideas

In the past I have only done Reception Age PE, and now I am teaching Nursery and was wondering what the difference would be. I would be really grateful if people would let me see their planning, and/or just give examples of what you do for each area - gym, dance, etc. I am working in an international school, so have little resources to help me and would appreciate any guidance I could get :)

Thanks

In our setting the Nursery children don't do a formal PE, they have the outdoor play bikes,etc as their 'PE' alonside developing their small manipulative skills in the FSU

Similar to above, we are a pre-school and we don't have a set PE lesson. We tend to use physical activites like bikes/trike and use 'Topstart', tents & tunnels and climbing frame/slide etc. Our children also really love 'The Sticky Kids' and we use these at least once a week if not more. Usually after tidy-up time, before they go home or stay for lunch-club.

we dont do a formal pe session as such (pre-school ) but we do use the school hall for

Music and movement - moving to diff music cd or my tamborine using bodies,scarfs parachute

circle games - round and round mulburry bush,farmers in den,ring o roses etc

space awareness activities

Ball,bean bag activities

we take the stepping stones and hoops over to

circuits - climbing,crawling jumping etc

gross skills- skipping,hopping,jumping,tiptoeing etc

sticky kids workout

we start off all sat in a circle to warm up with 'we can make a pattern' 'if your happy and you know it' 'head shoulders knees and toes and others then we move around the big hall and finish warming down tg in circle.

I havent any plans sorry as it is addedd to our daily/weekly plans in the physical/music section as we work quite flexibly now and it depends on what we are doing in the playroom as too where I or the children take it.But i hpe it helps a little :)

in answer to your question what difference I would say very little it is still the foundation stage after all,however we do diff activities for our very young children.

i would expect most of your children would beable to skip,jump hop etc where ours are still learning so we do lots of practising.

Yes, as above again. We sometimes use 'Sticky Kids Warm-up' for just that, then music & movement, parachute games, circle games/songs (Old MacDonald is another favourite with the children moving like the animals that they choose aswell as making sounds) As Andreamay says, the children develop the different physical skills from 'playing' rather than structured PE. Knowledge of space etc gained from tents/tunnels for example and moving body position through musical things like sticky kids, Head, Shoulders, knees & toes. Much more fun!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)