Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Dfes News

Hi all,

Got this link from my email DFES news and publications.

Food a Fact of Life

It provides detailed support and guidance for primary schools about establishing and promoting cooking activities with children.

In addition to providing worksheets, interactive activities and presentations, this new module features 22 exciting videos showing food skills being demonstrated and recipes being made. These are supported by easy-to-follow recipes and teacher guidance.

All resources can be downloaded and used in the classroom with pupils. The materials are also suitable for children with special needs or lower-ability pupils in secondary schools.

Work has also started on a Food and Farming module, which will be launched in September 2007, at the start of the Year of Food and Farming.

hope it's useful

Peggy

some great ideas Peggy thanks

Will have a think on how we can adapt it for snack time. Might jazz up the carrot stick, for a change.

We have had so many parents thank us on getting their children to eat different things, have a planning meeting tomorrow with my staff so we'll have adiscussion on it.

Peggy - your post has made me laugh!

I got the email with that on from the DfES in the last couple of days. I had a look at it and thought 'I'll post the link on the forum for everyone to look at'.

Then, a second thought crossed my mind which was: 'I expect Peggy has received the DfES email and will put it on the forum herself'.

How right I was!!! :o

Too tired to do it now .... but have made a mental note to look tomorrow. Gutted though, as we've just finished our food topic.

Thanks anyway Peggy,

Harricroft

Peggy - your post has made me laugh!

I got the email with that on from the DfES in the last couple of days. I had a look at it and thought 'I'll post the link on the forum for everyone to look at'.

Then, a second thought crossed my mind which was: 'I expect Peggy has received the DfES email and will put it on the forum herself'.

How right I was!!! :o

xD:(:(

When I get busy on my degree, please feel free to NOT anticipate my next move. :( :wacko:

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)