Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Foundation Stage Teacher In A State School Interview

I have an interview coming up in a state school as a Foundation Stage teacher.Has anyone had a similar interview recently AND BE WILLING TO SHARE ANY QUESTIONS THAT MIGHT COME UP? One of the criteria on the job forms was awareness of current issues- what do you think they would ask about? synthetic phonics? new foundation stage?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

R

Don't forget the positive ethos of equal opps and practical examples of what you've done, or seen done.

Also, team working (TAs etc) and working with parents

Assessment always comes up as well

Good luck!

Ann

I had a question about the particular area of Communication, Language and Literacy, covering ESL and SEN issues within that because the school I was applying to had a high number of children with one or the other. And observation and assessment came up as did creating an effective partnership with parents and involving them in their children's learning.

Have you looked at their last Ofsted? That should give you a good feeling for the school and also their particular issues.

Good luck, let us know how you get on! :)

I went through this process last July :o I too had the open ended criteria of 'awareness of current issues - logging onto the forum is a great place to start.

I talked about outdoor play (had been flagged up in their last OFSTED), Every Child Matters - woking closely with parents, focus on healthy eating and exercise, social skills, independence skills etc (all the principles of the FS really!)

I agree that I would mention about the EYFS and phonics stuff (Rose report and new strategy).

I had questions on behaviour management strategies, classroom environment, planning, assessment and evaluation.

Yes, outdoor play is definitely a current issue - providing the same curriculum and experiences inside and outside. See if you can find anything written by Helen Bromley, she's inspirational on outdoor play. I think there is a programme on Teachers TV with her talking about outdoors, you might be able to download it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)