Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Vegtables Help!

We are looking at growth next term and i would like us to plant some vegetables in our garden. i am completely clueless when it comes to gardening and was wondering if you could give me some advice on what to plant, care needed and even if it's the right time to be planting at all!!!!

we grew potatoes in a tub lasy year and the children were absolutely fascinated. They were so excited when I said we could harvest them. Best thing was watching the excitement when they found a potato xD Then they washed them all, we took them to show our school cook (who was suitable AMAZED that the children had grown them (she had been pre-warned). We cooked them immediately and served them .... every child eat them and declared they were better than chips :o

Harricroft

Depending on what you have available you can buy potato barrels and modular raised beds for growing vegetables. We use these in the outdoor area and also have access to an allotment (but currently share this with the rest of the school and it is across a road) When planning for our new Children's Centre they discovered the school actually owns some allotments adjacent to the school field :D. The head has promised that we can have one of these when available for the FSU and he will install a gate...........can't wait :D

Went to Aldi this morning - they have a tiered greenhouse type thingy!!! on sale for £11.99. Also packs of seed for 29p - got raddish, lettuce, runner beans, cress, sunflowers, Cheapest I've seen.

Hi,

We're looking at growing too and planted in little seedling trays and compost - lettuce, onions, potatoes, carrots, peas, beans.

They are growing really well. This week we will be getting the outside area ready to plant the new seedlings.

We are recording and measuring their growth and drawing pics of them.

Net x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)