Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Cloths/blue-roll

What procedures do you following for wiping tables and surfaces?

Do you use colour-coded cloths or do you use blue-roll?

Guest Wolfie

We used three different coloured rolls, one for the kitchen and food preparation, one for wiping tables and one for arts and crafts. I don't know if you've got a Makro or cash and carry near you? They do rolls of different coloured cloths at very reasonable prices.

We use yellow for kitchen/food prep also prior to meals on table surfaces (previously covered); blue for messy activities and general room use and red for bathroom and other dubious-ooer incidents! Similar make up to J cloths.

Yellow and blue can be laundered once or twice (I think! will check), but red are discarded immediately.

Sue

We use red for kitchen work surfaces & snack bar table cloth.

Yellow for washing up food utentils, plates etc.

Blue for the loo

heavier duty cloth for paints & floor spills.

I cut a small square of each colour, glued to an A4 card and wrote next to each cloth its purpose. This is displayed for all to see.

Washing same as Sue R.

Peggy

We use blue roll and spray for lunch tables Yellow j cloths for sink

pink j cloths for art. Throw away end of the day

I like Peggys idea of the cloth disply card for staff I think I will make one of those

Guest MaryEMac

We use kitchen roll. We used to have two different coloured cloths for kitchen and wiping tables after paint etc but the after school group kept mixing them up. :o

Mary

Guest Wolfie

Yes, we were advised to use disposable cloths as well - very convenient but more costly and not really environmentally friendly!!

We have green (or blue depends what is on offer!) paper towel dispensers all around the nursery and we use these with anti-bacterial spray on our tables.

Just seen the lunar eclipse - very strange !

Teri

Red cloths for toilets etc.

Blue cloths painting area

Disposable cloths for cleaning tables and kitchen area

We also have gloves in different colours

red ones toilets

blue ones cleaning painting equipment, glue pots etc

yellow ones for washing cups, plates etc.

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)