Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Nippy Numbers

Has anyone tried this new scheme that's out?

I always find the children are brilliant are remembering all of their sounds because of jolly phonics but some of the less able children struggle with recognising all their numbers. I have tried to make actions/songs to go woth each number but wondered if there was a scheme like jolly phonics for numeracy instead?

Saw Nippy numbers on a website and wondered if it was any good?!

We sing little action songs so that children can write and recognise number 1 - 10. Can't remember all of them but here are a few

(Singing - wish you could hear the tune)

No. 2 - swing it round and then go right

swing it round and then go right

swing it round and then go right

to make the number 2

No.3 - swing it round and then once more

etc

No 4 - Down and slide and cut it in half

etc

No 5 - Down and round and put on his hat

etc

Can't remember No. 1 or the other numbers to 10 at the moment, minds gone blank. My deputy found these somewhere and we use it at Pre-school. Even the little ones sing it and draw the number in the air. Perhaps someone might know the other number songs if not, then when I go into PS on Monday I can look them up, or perhaps I might remember them before then and I'll post them.

Don't know if this helps but it definitely works for us. :D

Sue J

Guest Wolfie

There used to be another scheme about called Tentown, written by someone in Stafford. I never used it so can't say whether it's any good but it might be worth a look|?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)