Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

What To Do With Activity Sheets

Hi

I used to work in year2 and year 1 for 6 years. Over that time I collected lots of activity sheets but not sure what to do with them now as I don't really use them in reception. To others keep some kind of archive in their attic? I just feel they take up room (at home) that I can use for current resources. what do you think? Also how much back log of planning to keep? Just love to know how others store all their resources

Thank you for reading, look forward to your responses

Laura

Be selective - keep the really good or unusual resources and bin the rest! The planning is probably not worth keeping because colleagues will have up to date planning and the lit/num strategies have been modified anyway. Free yourself of the burden :D

if you can scan and save resouces such as activity sheets to disc/CD/other files

then you can dispose of paper copies (or pass on to other teachers in school?)

like wise if you want to keep copies of planning file them to the computor a CD holds so much stuff I have got the best part of 5 years worth of "stuff" on a CD and it is still only a 1/4 full

how much space does a CD take up?

If you are yet to "go through" threshold, you may want to keep hold of the planning as evidence--or some of it. I am always loathe to part with anything though so my house is full! However there is a point when the stuff is no longer relevant in that format. As for your activity sheets, keep 1 as a master and offload the rest.

Could you pass them onto someone who is currently in that year group? - my friend got given a garage full of stuff when a teacher she knew was retiring.

I am only in my third year of teaching - however I seem to to have so much stuff both at school and at home. I Wish that I had a PA who could sort it all beautifully - I have visions of colour coding and lists as apposed to the current situation of boxes on the floor of the spare bedroom :o

Gosh, aren't you all good :o I confess to being a hoarder, and I have two filing cabinets full of worksheets/subject specific stuff/topic packs - probably only one drawers worth is looked at ... but you never know. Maybe I'll be asked to change year group. Maybe I might suddenly have a desire to do trees/kings and queens/clothes. Maybe one day .................

xD There's no hope for me really!!!!!!!!

Harricroft, I am abit of a hoarder, but I had to do alot of sorting this week. There are always new ideas on the internet. I have started saving work onto CDs like someone suggested

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)