Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

New Literacy And Numeracy Frameworks

Hi I wonder if any of you could please help me? I work in the Foundation Stage and i teach a literacy and numeracy input daily to my reception and lower ability year 1 children. In preperation for the introduction of the new frameworks we have been asked to plan some literacy and numeracy using the new framework. I have had a look at it on the net but cannot see how to translate it in to 'weekly plans'?

Thank You any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Debs

This is looking really difficult isn't it! Previously I used the old NLS medium term plans and they at least gave you a structure to work with e.g. 2 weeks on narrative, 2 weeks on non fiction etc. Now that all seems to have been taken away. My literacy coordinator said teh new strategy looked great for nurseries etc but where is the progression and the coverage? She is going to try and find out how we are supposed to use this to plan with, but in the meantime her advice to me was to use the old NLS medium term plans as a base, as a structure to start with. has anyone else had a go at planning using the new strategy format yet?

I've got the same problem. I went on the 3 day training in Gravesham which I'm sorry to say was a complte waste of time as Day 1 was before it finally came into schools, day 3 turned into AEL, phonics and a brief look at the DVD with an hour at the end on layered targets.

Soooooooooo any help with planning would be great. We plan as a skills based curriculum within topics if anyone can help?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)