Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Non Fiction Reading Books

There are a series on topics which are simple, can't remember the publisher though but know there are some on 'Toys', 'School'. The small 'sunshine' series are quite basic but children like them (e.g. Jill's history for growing up), 'My Bean diary' is good if you do 'plants'. Kingscourt publishing do some good Maths through story books and non-fiction too. Can't think of any more at the moment

Jolly Readers (from Jolly phonics) split their reading scheme (phonetically decodable) up into 3 catergories: Inky mouse and friends stories; general fiction and non fiction stories. Each level contains something like 6 books for each of the three catergories. I remember when I was shown them at a FS meeting I particularly liked the non fiction stories. I though about purchasing recently however not got round to it - they were very cheap on amazon a while ago.

Hi! I think the NF reading books referred to by Kermit are published by Heinnemann, Discovery world I believe the series is although I am unsure whether they are still available. They cover quite a wide range of topics and I find they are really good for FS children and KS1.

Hope this helps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)