Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Assessment 0-3 Foundation Stage

Help! I work in a 0-3/Foundation area and we need a workable,but effective way of assesssing the children. We do our observations and are builing the F.S. profile, but need a way of combining both 0-3 and F.S. together.

As anyone got any suggestions!.

Guest Wolfie

I had a very similar conversation with some colleagues yesterday - as things stand, until a child turns three we build up a "portfolio" of their achievements and progress through observations, annotated photos, etc, linking everything observed to the Aspects and Components of the B23 framework - but there is no equivalent of the Foundation Stage stepping stones to provide evidence for; as soon as they enter the Foundation Stage then we carry on with the exactly the same system of observations and collecting evidence but we have acheivement of individual stepping stones to record as well. Our B23 Development Officer is conscious that maybe there should be something for "her" age group....but maybe this is where the EYFS will come into its own, when we're working through one continuous framework.

Soory, that hasn't answered your question at all has it - I'm just letting you know that you're not alone with that struggle!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)