Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Dinosaurs Topic

Currently doing a topic on dinosaurs. Has anyone got any god ideas across the curriculum - creative, and sensory ones especially welcome.

Thanks a lot!!

Can you make model dinosaurs out of 'recycled materials'? i.e. Junk modelling.

What about reading a story such as 'Saturday Night at the Dinosaur Stomp' and then act out the dinosaurs dancing in different ways and make some dinosaur music?

Have fun!

You could make differently textured dinosaur footprints (e.g. bubble wrap, carpet, cork, sandpaper, felt, fabric, tiles, etc.) for children to feel, walk on, count, and describe.

I would go for the dinosuar music too, perhaps with some props to dress up with. I've used ICT program Leaps and Bounds to find scary music to move to / add instruments to.

Small world play with dinosaurs always goes down well, particularly with logs/ branches- make up imaginative stories.

I once made 'real' dinosaur footprints..........I made a mould out of plasticene, got the children to think about pictures of dinosaurs.....how many claws etc, and the older ones were able to make a good attempt at the three claws etc, the little ones impressed their hands or feet, and then enlarged them by poking around a bit(!),We then poured in plaster of Paris and when it set, turned them carefully out and they were brilliant! We then painted them, any colour we liked, because no-one really knows what colour they were....................and we talked about lizards and crocodiles and thought about their colours as this might be the closest to dinosaurs

Edited by narnia

Hi Sunshine,

If you go to www.scholastic.co.uk web site and click on the donwloads from the Nursery Education magazine, you will be able to see a list of past magazines, click on June 06 Dinosaurs, and you can print off Dinosaur ideas and work sheets.

Rosepetal :o

Guest sqpeg

Ice age dinosaurs, freeze up some small dinosaurs in small bags or bowls of water, the children love this one and we made plaster paris fossels where the children pushed the foot print or the profile, side, of the dinosaur once it dryed we put them in the digging area and burried them. the children loved using the trowels and carefully brushing with paint brushes the dirt away - like archaeologists.

Guest Wolfie

How about a dinousaur land in the tuff spot - lots of rocks, leaves, branches, twigs, etc. for them to romp amongst!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)