Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Medium Term Planning

Hi just wondered if anyone could offer me guidance on medium term planning. How do other settings keep track of which ELG's you have covered. Do you highlight them on the actual planning document? I have seen long term planning with all the goals divided up over the course of one year in some settings. I can't understand how this can be done, surely you cannot anticipate where the children will be developmentally. We quite often use our observations to revisit activities and therefore feel this would not be relevant to us. Is there a simple way of deciding which goals to cover? would really appreciate some help -many thanks again! mandie

hi bubble jack do you highlight a blank copy of the ELG's - do you use this over a period of one year and then start a new one for the following September?

Yes I start a new one each September. I first go through and highlight all the areas covered by continuous provision and highlight daily activities covered by child/adult initiation. The majority are covered by continuous provision. I use every single routine that I use during the session, starting from when the children come in and say good morning and find their name card.

I use 3 different coloured highliighters.Continuous, child initiated, Dfee requirements,

:o I like that, bubblejack, I always like being able to tick or highlight things : it makes me feel I've already achieved something!

Presumably your short term planning is quite detailed. Would you be happy to share it with us?

acb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)