Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Interview Help

Can anyone help, this is my first interview and I REALLY want the post. I need an all singing all dancing 15 minutes maths lesson for reception children. Anyone got any fab ideas, would be very grateful!

Can anyone help, this is my first interview and I REALLY want the post. I need an all singing all dancing 15 minutes maths lesson for reception children. Anyone got any fab ideas, would be very grateful!

15 minutes-

3D Shape

Have a selection of boxes (enough for one per child)- discuss the shape and what used to be inside (how do they know what was inside?) Open it up into a net- look at the different shapes and sizes now how is it similar to the box shape- what bits are for helping to put it together etc. Now put box back together but inside-out tell children they are going to make the box into their own "product", decorate it so people can tell what is inside. (One of mine made strawberry flavour Yorkshire puddings!)

How about mental maths...Keep fit maths..get the interviewers to do 3 hops, 5 jumps, etc. That would keep them busy!!! Could also tell a short storyor sing a rhyme/song and do maths from the story. Follow with a plenary...don't forget to tell them your learning objective if relevant...Good Luck!

How about mental maths...Keep fit maths..get the interviewers to do 3 hops, 5 jumps, etc. That would keep them busy!!! Could also tell a short storyor sing a rhyme/song and do maths from the story. Follow with a plenary...don't forget to tell them your learning objective if relevant...Good Luck!

thanks for the ideas, that will really help

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)