Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

What Are The Chances?

Has anyone had their Ofsted Inspector turn up on a Friday for the first day of their Inspection? We are going MAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!waiting. The case still continues with our saga of the ongoing non publication/missing information of our report last OCT! and YES - please be warned you can be inspected again in such a short space of time even if you did really well!!!!! We have been told we are being 'done again' and are waiting for the knock at the door - could it be tomorrow? Has anyone had an Inspector arrive on a Friday and then return on the Monday?

Lots of Love

One really really annoyed person :o

Well, yes, sort of, and a real shock it was as I thought it wouldn't happen on a Friday, had had 2 hospital appointments that week involving 2 biopsies [one just on the Thursday, so I hadn't been in, was emotionally very 'wobbly'] and a colleague had found out that week that a relative would receive no further cancer treatment. So I laid it out very clearly, explaining that if we talked nonsense that was probably why etc etc.

Inspector was sympathetic and kind. For various reasons including a further hospital appointment Day 2 was postponed until the following Thursday which seemed a lifetime! But we did very well & I got the all-clear, so week 2 was much better than week 1!

So all in all our was a positive experience so I really hope it's the same for you if it happens - you sound as though you deserve a good experience - overdue I think!

With very best wishes!

Hasn't happened to us.

We had our inspection a week ago, delighted with GOOD in all five outcomes, report came within a week and is on the website.

Someone said you're more likely to get inspected more frequently with an outstanding result - how true that is I don't know.

Having just been through the process, and still recovering, can really empathise with you not wanting to go through an inspection again so soon especially through no fault of your own.

Hope it's sooner rather than later if they have to come so you don't have the anxiety of will they come today or won't they for too much longer.

Sorry to say but I have had several inspections on a Friday and Monday - I think they like to have the weekend to get the notes written up and then can come back and look for the gaps - so I think you have to be prepared for any time really - she also took some stuff away with her - with my permission - but that was a long time ago - the group I have just left are waiting any minute for their inspection although it could happen anytime, tomorrow, next week, next year who knows - no reason why they inspect in the order the do as far as I can tell - they seem to have done nearly everyone around the area - apart from about 3 nurseries - so they will hit sometime soon

Nikki

So it could be today? :o After last times scenario (for want of a better word - being kind now) I think I might enquire after the health of the Inspector before s/he starts, and what guarantees s/he can give us that s/he won't go off long term sick too . . . along with our report. Still can't believe that Ofsted have no 'back up plan' for this type of occurance. After all this is over and we've been 'done' again, watch this space!, as we're totally cheesed off with us doing all the leg work on their behalf, we're going out big time to make everyone aware of the poor quality service which we have received.

ps have pinned their letter of apology to us up on our parents notice board for all to read xD

Hi

This is my first post and I'm an accredited childminder :o

Sorry to hear of your hicups and agony of the long wait, and hope its all going ok xD

I had been waiting all this week for the inspector who came at 9.30am yesterday (thursday) and was gone again by 10.00am because of a breakdown in communication and information being sent through to OFSTED telling them that I am now accredited and offering places to 2 children, she didn't have the correct paper work etc.

It's now going to be in 3 more weeks.

So annoying as I've been waiting in for them and the childrens usual routine has been all over the place this week!

Edited by Guest

Actually 'human' Inspector this time, who was fully aware of our situation , however she did point out that she couldn't count any part of the Oct Inspection in this times, as it was 'null and void' due to the time lapse and the previous Inspector being off long term sick. Will try and 'enjoy' the weekend.

hmmm, so you were right when you said you thought they would turn up this week, really hope it goes well for you,

Dawn

Actually 'human' Inspector this time, who was fully aware of our situation , however she did point out that she couldn't count any part of the Oct Inspection in this times, as it was 'null and void' due to the time lapse and the previous Inspector being off long term sick. Will try and 'enjoy' the weekend.

But we did very well & I got the all-clear, so week 2 was much better than week 1!

Delighted to hear all is well.

Big hugs

Fox xx